The photo is most often used by programs to help identify you when you report for an interview. You should research programs individually to verify their requirements and use of the photo.
Uploading the Photo
USMG applicants must upload their own photo in the MyERAS portal by selecting “Upload New Photo” in the Actions column, browsing for image file, and selecting “Upload.”
- Photo file must meet the following requirements:
- File type: JPG/JPEG or PNG.
- Maximum file size: 150 KB.
- Maximum dimensions: 2.5 in.×3.5 in.
- Maximum resolution: 150 DPI.
- IMGs Only: The ECFMG is responsible for uploading the photo into the ERAS system for IMG residency applicants. Applicants should visit the ECFMG website for information about submitting the photo for upload.
- The EFDO is responsible for uploading the photo into the ERAS system for fellowship applicants. Applicants should visit the EFDO website for information about submitting the photo for upload.
Assigning the Photo
You must make assignments of the photo to the programs you designate.
- The photo can be assigned at any time, including before it is uploaded.
- The photo can be assigned to any saved or applied to programs from the Additional Documents page by selecting “Assign” under the Actions column.
- Programs listed with a disabled checkbox already have the photo assigned and have been applied to.
- The photo can be assigned by program using the Assign option under the Actions column on both the Saved Programs and Programs Applied To pages.
- Once the photo is assigned to a program that has been applied to, it cannot be unassigned.
- The photo cannot be assigned to programs that are closed.