The AAMC PREview exam (formerly known as the AAMC Situational Judgment Test (SJT)) is an opportunity to showcase your pre-professionalism knowledge and potential to develop into a well-rounded doctor. The AAMC is providing multiple free resources to help you prepare for the AAMC PREview exam. We recommend that you take advantage of the advice, strategies, and preparation resources as you prepare to complete the AAMC PREview exam.
Preparation Steps and Resources
There are several steps you can take and resources available to help you prepare for the AAMC PREview exam:
- Review the following preparation materials:
- The AAMC SJT Sample includes sample questions to familiarize you with the structure of exam questions.
- The 2021 AAMC SJT: Examinee Preparation Guide offers advice and strategies to help you prepare for the AAMC SJT exam.
- The 2021 AAMC SJT Practice Exam Booklet includes an official practice exam, scoring key, and scoring key rationales to help you become familiar with the exam format, types of scenarios and items you’ll see on the actual AAMC PREview, and the process for evaluating and rating items. The practice exam booklet has been expanded to include a full-length practice exam and scoring key rationales for all items.
- Review the eight pre-professional competencies and definitions measured by the AAMC PREview exam, as each scenario you encounter will address one or more of these competencies.
- Familiarize yourself with the official policies and procedures on the AAMC PREview: Essentials and what to expect on test day.
- Log in prior to test day to walk through a tutorial demonstrating the features and functions of the online testing system:
- After logging in, verify your information is correct and select the “I confirm the above name matches my government issued identification that I will present on test day” box. Click the “Save/Update” button
- Click the “Schedule Now” button
- Under “Available Exams,” click the “Write exam” button on the Platform Tutorial row
- You may take the tutorial as often as you wish until you begin your exam
- Check out the informational webinar(s) to become more familiar with the AAMC PREview exam, including how to register, how to prepare, what to expect on test day, and how participating medical schools are incorporating the AAMC PREview into their admissions processes (see the “Preparation Webinars” section).
- Come to the test rested and focused so you can put your best foot forward.