Note: This section of the application should be kept up to date throughout the application season.
- AAMC Account Information
- Basic Information
- Work Authorization Information
- Match Information
- Additional Information
You can edit any contact information, such as names, gender, email, and birth date. It may take a few minutes for an updated email to be reflected in the MyERAS application.
Note: You may opt to release your birth date to programs you have applied to. You may redact the birth date by unchecking the box and saving the Personal Information section. Although the birth date can be redacted after applying, programs may have already seen it. The AAMC account information is shared across all AAMC services.
You may enter contact information, such as your preferred name and preferred phone numbers, so that programs may reach out to you.
Current Mailing Address should be used to provide your most current address to programs throughout the application season.
Permanent Address should be used to provide your most reliable address to programs throughout the application season.
You should make these selections based on your current work authorization status.
Selections that are not marked as required (not denoted with an *) in this section are collected in accordance with the AAMC Self-Identification of Citizenship Data Collection Standard.
You should make these selections to indicate your intentions to participate individually or as a couple, with all matching services applicable to you for the current season.
Match information is collected for the NRMP® Match and the Urology Match.
- Exam transcript IDs — You must enter your USMLE ID and NBOME ID (DO applicants only) to send your USMLE and/or COMLEX-USA exam scores to programs.
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Member Number (DO applicants only) — You may enter this information, if applicable.
- Life Support Certifications — If applicable, you should indicate your current status and expiration date for:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Honor Societies — If applicable, you should indicate your current status in:
- Sigma Phi (SSP) (DO applicants only).
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) (MD applicants only).
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS).