Use the AAMC American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) Medical Schools and Deadlines search tool to find application deadlines at participating regular MD programs.
You can find MD programs at AMCAS program-participating schools using our search tool below by entering the school name, state, or application deadline date. The deadlines below are for regular MD programs at AMCAS participating medical schools.
Applicants should check directly with medical schools or within the AMCAS application to verify, as these deadlines are subject to change.
For combined degree programs (e.g., MD-PhD, MD-MBA) deadline information, please refer to the Medical School Admissions Requirements website or the Medical Schools section inside the AMCAS application. For additional information about U.S. and Canadian medical schools and programs, visit the Medical School Admissions Requirements website.
About Application Deadlines
All application deadlines are set by individual medical schools. Your application must be submitted to the AMCAS program (not processed) by 11:59 p.m. ET to meet the deadline. The AMCAS program does not grant deadline extensions for any reason.
The deadlines posted here and on the Medical School Admissions Requirements website are subject to change during the application cycle. The most up-to-date information is available in the Medical Schools section in the AMCAS application.
For those applicants interested in the Early Decision Program, the deadline is August 1. Learn More about the Early Decision Program requirements.
AAMC-Facilitated Criminal Background Check Service
Most AMCAS-participating medical schools participate in the AAMC-facilitated Criminal Background Check Service, conducted to help medical schools assess your ability to become a licensed physician in the future. Medical schools not participating may require applicants to undergo a separate background check process.
Schools Not Participating in the AMCAS Application for Admission to their MD Program:
- CUNY School of Medicine – The Sophie Davis Biomedical Education Program.
- Baylor College of Medicine.
- University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio.
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB) John Sealy School of Medicine.
- McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Texas A&M University School of Medicine.
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine.
- University of Houston Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine.
- University of Texas at Tyler School of Medicine.