Within your MyERAS account, you may create personal statements; identify the people who will write LoRs; authorize the release COMLEX-USA and/or USMLE transcripts; and manage various documents. You may also assign most documents to their programs, and subsequently track their status, along with any additional ERAS documents.
- Each program sets individual requirements for the ERAS documents that should be submitted with the MyERAS application. You should research programs individually to determine those requirements before making document assignments.
- Documents can be assigned “by document” to the full list of saved and applied to programs through the sections under Documents.
- An Assignments Checklist can be found under the Programs section in the MyERAS application. This checklist is a convenient way to see the assignment statuses for documents and LoRs for programs that you have saved or applied to.
- Each ERAS document has different guidelines and/or restrictions for being uploaded into the ERAS system and assigned to programs. Please review the information below for the specific guidelines and/or restrictions of each document.
- Any document not listed below is not considered a standard ERAS document. A program may request materials (through their preferred method) in addition to those outlined below to assist in their decision-making; however, receipt of these materials would be determined between the you and the program.
- Note for Applicants: You are advised to fully disclose results of all medical licensure examinations taken.
- Note for IMG Applicants: ECFMG’s On-line Applicant Status and Information System (OASIS) allows you to upload certain document types themselves. A link to OASIS is available within the MyERAS portal on the Additional Documents page, but support for OASIS can be provided only by the ECFMG.
- The EFDO is the Designated Dean’s Office for all fellowship applicants whether they are U.S. medical school graduates or IMGs. Applicants should visit the EFDO website for information about submitting their documents for upload or obtaining contact information when additional information is needed. The EFDO does not accept paper documents for fellowship applications and will not process documents sent by mail or courier.
- EFDO Online Services allows applicants to upload certain document types themselves, as well as send requests to your medical school to upload their MSPE and medical school transcript. A unique link to the EFDO Online Services account for each applicant is available within the MyERAS portal on the Additional Documents page under Documents.
Document Processing Times
The ECFMG will take up to five business days to process documents once submitted. Please visit the ECFMG website or contact them directly to find out more about processing times for your documents, including LoRs.
All documents will take up to five business days to process to the ERAS program from the date they are uploaded through EFDO Online Services, MIDUS, or the AAMC Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP). Please visit the EFDO website or contact them directly to find out more about processing times for your documents, including LoRs.