To access the MyERAS application, first contact your Designated Dean’s Office; they will issue you an ERAS token, a one-time access code for registering on the MyERAS portal.
Note: Your Designated Dean’s Office establishes their own processing procedures for ERAS applicants.
These procedures include the schedule for distributing materials and uploading and processing documents. Contact your Designated Dean’s Office to check their schedule and procedures.
What You Should Know Before Registering for the MyERAS Portal
- Residency applicants must obtain an ERAS token from their Designated Dean’s Office. For fellowship applicants this is the EFDO. If you use an ERAS token from another school or organization, your documents cannot be accurately uploaded.
- The system will not allow you to use an ERAS token from a previous season.
- An ERAS token can be registered only once. Be sure to enter all requested information accurately.
- You need an AAMC account to register your ERAS token. If you do not have an AAMC account from a previous ERAS season or use of another AAMC service, you will need to create an account.
- Third-year medical school tokens will only allow you to update the Personal Information section and upload LoR in preparation for the following season. The rest of the application will become active at that time.
Note: Registration with the ERAS program does not register applicants for any established match. The program is a separate entity and does not provide matching services. If you intend to participate in a match (military, NRMP®, San Francisco, or urology), you must contact that organization for registration, eligibility, and participation information.
How to register for the MyERAS application
- Go to the MyERAS application.
- Sign in with AAMC account or register for an AAMC account if login credentials do not exist.
- Enter a valid ERAS token and select “Continue.”
- Review and accept the MyERAS portal terms and conditions.
- Review or enter your medical school information, review and agree to the AAMC Policy Notice and select “Continue.”
- Review your information and select “Continue,” if correct.
- If given the option to import application material from a previous season, select the appropriate residency or fellowship application or LoRs to be imported.
Step 1: Select an available residency or fellowship application to import and select “Continue.”
Note: You will have access to only your most recent residency and fellowship application (ERAS 2016 application season and onward) that was certified and submitted before the season ends.
Step 2: Select the LoR from the table to import and select “Continue.”
Note: LoR entry information and viewing rights will be consistent with the original and cannot be changed; however, the letter author does maintain the right to upload a new version of the LoR.
Step 3: Verify the selections for Application Data and LoRs and select “Confirm Import” when ready.
Note: If you opt to skip this step or cancel the import of application data or LoRs, you may still complete the import from the History tab. Find out more information in the History section of the user guide.