If you have a disability or medical condition that you believe requires an adjustment to standard testing conditions, we encourage you to apply for accommodated testing.
The AAMC is committed to providing all individuals with an opportunity to demonstrate their proficiency on the MCAT exam. That includes ensuring access to persons with disabilities in accordance with relevant law.
This website contains information you need to understand the application process and how to schedule your exam with accommodations. Each page of our site is geared towards a specific component of the accommodations request process. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the entire process before applying.
Visit our FAQ page for updates on the MCAT testing program's response to COVID-19.
Important Steps Before Applying
- Create an AAMC ID (if you have not already done so)
- Understand how our review process works
- Review pertinent review cycles, deadlines, & dates
- Understand all necessary application steps
- Identify application requirements associated with your condition
Are you an evaluator? Click here.
Our Review Process
Our policies are guided by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as our mission to provide a valid exam while maintaining a level playing field for all test takers. Keep in mind, it is your current functional limitations (in combination with the demands of the task you will be undertaking), not diagnosis alone, that determines the appropriateness of a requested accommodation.
Accommodations are granted only when they are supported by sufficient evidence. To assist you in understanding how your request and supporting documentation are considered, please review our Understanding the Review Process guide.
Below is an overview of the components that we look for within your documentation:
- Identification of your diagnosis and impairments
- Discussion of the current functional limitations affecting your ability to access to the exam
- Recommendations for accommodation on the exam
- A rationale for each recommended accommodation