Accommodations Financial Benefit
We are pleased to offer financial assistance of up to $800 to recipients of thewhose most recent evaluation does not meet the recency requirements associated with their request for accommodations.
This benefit is not available for first-time psycho-educational or medical evaluations. All applicants will need to submit a comprehensive evaluation that no longer meets our recency requirements to be considered for assistance. Additionally, the benefit may not be used retroactively for previously completed evaluations.
Please note that an approval for the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit does not guarantee an approval for accommodations on the MCAT exam.
More information regarding the amount of this financial assistance, eligibility requirements, and submitting your application for assistance can be found via the links below.
The maximum amount of the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit is up to $800. If the cost of the re-evaluation exceeds this amount, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
The MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. If you believe you are eligible for the benefit, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Please review the eligibility requirements prior to submitting your application to prevent delays due to incomplete applications.
To be eligible for the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit, you must:
- Be approved for AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program.
- Complete the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit application form. You are required to submit this form to our office, along with any other supporting documentation that may be needed to review your MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit application, to be considered for the benefit.
- Provide a comprehensive evaluation that addresses your impairment and associated need for accommodations but does not meet our requirement for a current evaluation. You may submit this evaluation in one of two ways:
- Submit the evaluation that you believe does not meet our recency requirements with your application, or
- Reference an evaluation that you have previously submitted as part of your accommodations application that was deemed not recent.
For more information on what is considered recent and what is considered comprehensive based on your impairment type, please see our Evaluation Requirements on the Applying for Accommodations page of our website.
- Approval for AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program is a prerequisite but does not guarantee eligibility for/approval of the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit.
- You must be approved for the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit (in addition to the AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program) prior to receiving your evaluation. The benefit may not be used retroactively for previously completed evaluations.
- The benefit is intended to support applicants in need of financial assistance who need a re-evaluation to:
- complete an initial request for an accommodation, or
- extend previous accommodations when more current documentation is deemed necessary.
If you have any questions about the eligibility requirements above, please.
Submit your application and all supporting documentation to:
The AAMC staff is currently to under mandatory telework, effective March 13 until further notice. Consequently, we will be unable to receive documentation(s) submitted via mail at this time. Given the exceptional circumstances, MCAT Accommodations Services Benefit requests can only be accepted via email. If you wish to proceed, please submit your application and documentation to MCAT_Accoms_Docs@aamc.org
MCAT Accommodation Services recognizes that there is a cost associated with obtaining a comprehensive evaluation. If you are seeking a lower-cost evaluation for LD or ADHD, a university-based testing clinic may be able to provide you with this service. Search the University Clinics table to find a clinic near you.