Latest ERAS News
- March 20, 2023: Updated ERAS for Program Staff and ERAS for Medical Schools Webpages
- March 6, 2023: New Features in ERAS Analytics for DIOs
- Feb. 15, 2023: 2023 SOAP® Information Updated
- Feb. 1, 2023: Updated 2024 MyERAS® Application Supports Holistic Review, Enables Applicants to Share More Information
- Jan. 19, 2023: Supplemental ERAS Application Data Reports Now Available
- Dec. 20, 2022: Specialties Invited to Sign Up by Feb. 1, 2023 for Program Signaling
- Dec. 12, 2022: ERAS Analytics for DIOs Offers a Rich Source of Data for Institutional Leaders
- Nov. 15, 2022: Program Director’s WorkStation (PDWS) Updates Improve User Experience
- Nov. 10, 2022: ERAS Strategy Easing the Residency Application Process for Applicants, Programs, and Schools
- Nov. 10, 2022: ERAS 2022 Statistics Now Available
Updated ERAS for Program Staff and ERAS for Medical Schools Webpages
The AAMC has updated content and improved the look and feel of the following webpages. We hope you’re able to navigate to key resources and find information more easily.
- The ERAS for Program Staff page includes useful links to the Program Director’s Workstation (PDWS) and ERAS Analytics for Institutions sites, as well as information for the ERAS community.
- The ERAS for Medical Schools page features links to the Dean’s Office Workstation (DWS), what’s ahead for the MyERAS Application in 2024 and other news and resources.
New Features in the ERAS® Analytics for DIOs
Based on DIO and community feedback, we’re adding new features to the site that will enable you to benefit even more from the unique data that the ERAS system provides. When you log in to ERAS for Analytics now, you will find:
- The ability to export data from Applicant Demographics, Application Overview, and PDWS Application Status as CSV files.
- Updates to cumulative graphs in the Application Overview.
- An option to calculate the running totals for each day in the chart versus days when applications were received. This will prevent gaps in data points.
- The ability to display the associated date by hovering over a data point in the graph.
- An improved data display through an adjusted report height.
2023 SOAP® Information Updated
The ERAS team has updated information and resources ahead of the 2023 Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®), which begins on Monday, March 13 at 10 a.m. ET and concludes on Thursday, March 16 at 9 p.m. ET. The ERAS SOAP® Information page includes the SOAP® schedule, applicant guide and more.
Updated 2024 MyERAS® Application Supports Holistic Review, Enables Applicants to Share More Information
The AAMC is improving the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for applicants, programs, and medical school users. As we move into the 2023-24 application cycle, research findings from the supplemental ERAS application are being used to update the ERAS platforms—including the MyERAS® application.
Get more information about what to expect by reviewing these new 2024 MyERAS application webpages and resources:
- MyERAS Application and Signaling for 2023-24
- What's New in the 2024 MyERAS Application
- 2024 MyERAS Application FAQs
- 2024 MyERAS Applicant Worksheet
The AAMC is pleased to share data reports for the 2023 ERAS cycle for the supplemental ERAS application. These new reports can be found on the Supplemental ERAS Application Data and Reports webpage:
2022 Final Results of the Advisor Reaction Survey
2022 Evaluation of Geographic Preferences
2022 Evaluation of Program Signals
2022 Final Results of the Applicant Reaction Survey
2022 Evaluation of Past Experiences
Program Directors’ Feedback Report (coming soon)
Specialties Invited to Sign Up by Feb. 1, 2023 for Program Signaling (2024 MyERAS Application)
The MyERAS application is being updated for the 2024 ERAS season with lessons learned from the supplemental ERAS application project. The changes include program signaling, which will be available for residency applicants to use to express interest in a program, and for programs to include as an additional data point available to them in reviewing applicants.
Specialties that choose to participate in program signaling for the 2024 ERAS season need to opt in to program signaling by Feb. 1, 2023. Visit the 2024 ERAS Application Season Program Signaling webpage for additional information and guidance about how all specialties and programs can prepare to participate in other new parts of the ERAS 2024 application.
You can also review two recent webinars to find out more about how the supplemental ERAS application research project is contributing to the MyERAS application updates. Supplemental ERAS Application Research Findings and Next Steps for the 2024 MyERAS Application presentations included a review of the research, plans for the ERAS 2024 season, and a Q&A session with participants.
ERAS Analytics for DIOs Offers a Rich Source of Data for Institutional Leaders
Designated Institution Officials (DIOs), and those who hold Program Director’s Workstation (PDWS) roles as institutional super users (ISU) and alternate institutional super users (AISUs) can now access and filter institution-level data, thanks to the launch of the new ERAS Analytics site.
This product includes features that allow users to:
- Review applicant demographic data.
- Examine year-to-year application trends.
- Filter data for use in reports.
- Use multiple filters to create custom data sets.
This first release includes five reports with institutional-level aggregated data. There is also a new set of useful job aids and frequently asked questions available. DIOs may also ask questions and offer feedback through ERAS Client Technical Support.
Program Director's WorkStation Updates Improve User Experience
New updates were recently launched for the ERAS Program Director's WorkStation (PDWS) Setup and Archives tabs. Highlights of these improvements include:
- A clean, consistent look across the PDWS.
- All setup features combined into one module for easy access.
- Content that is relevant to your role and workflow.
- An improved user management tool within the Setup tab and a new job aid to help users navigate it.
These improvements are part of the ERAS team’s ongoing effort to provide efficient and reliable tools that enable ERAS application users to make informed and timely decisions throughout the residency and fellowship selection processes.
ERAS Strategy Easing the Residency Application Process for Applicants, Programs and Schools
The ERAS team and collaborators across the residency space have contributed to a new strategy for the ERAS program that will add value for all constituents in the graduate medical education community. This strategy focuses on three areas where the ERAS program provides unique value to users and supports the transition to residency process in a fair and equitable way:
- Selection Tools: Providing a suite of products and tools that support the residency and fellowship process and adapt to the changing needs of the program community.
- Data Analytics: Providing data and information that drives informed decision-making by all impacted parties.
- Thought Leadership and Research: Identifying the priority issues in the community and enabling coordination, information sharing, and innovation to address the biggest challenges.
These focus areas are guiding work that is improving the ERAS user experience for program staff in the PDWS, for Designated Institutional Officials (DIOs), for medical schools, and residency and fellowship applicants.
ERAS 2022 Statistics Now Available
The ERAS 2022 Statistics have been updated and are ready for the ERAS community to use. A range of data sets are available, including historical data for ACGME- and AOA-accredited residency and fellowship programs, cross specialty application data, and much more. Applicants, schools and programs find this unique information resource useful throughout the ERAS application season.
ERAS 2023 Residency Timeline
ERAS 2023 Fellowship Timeline
Supplemental ERAS Application for the 2023 Season
ERAS 2023 Participating Specialties and Programs webpage
ERAS Specialties with additional Information Report
Careers in Medicine