The AAMC and participating medical schools are working together to evaluate the AAMC SJT exam. The exam is open only to applicants to these schools for the AMCAS 2022 cycle, and applicants are strongly encouraged or required to complete the exam on one of the following exam dates. If scores are ultimately shown to enhance the schools’ holistic review process, the schools may consider them as one part of their admission decisions.
The exam will be offered in five testing windows across twelve dates. Appointments will be available throughout each test day beginning at 8 a.m. Eastern Time. Your appointment time will be shown in your local, military time.
|Window||Test Dates||Registration Opens||Registration Closes||Scores Released|
|1||June 8 & 9||March 9, 2021||May 20, 2021||July 19, 2021|
|2||June 16 & 17||March 9, 2021||May 27, 2021||July 19, 2021|
|3||July 13, 14 & 15||March 9, 2021||June 28, 2021||August 18, 2021|
|4||August 3, 4 & 5||March 9, 2021||July 20, 2021||September 7, 2021|
|5||September 16 & 17||March 9, 2021||August 16, 2021||October 19, 2021|
- Step 1: Before registering for the AAMC SJT exam, please verify that you have an AAMC account or create one.
- Step 2: Click on the “Log in to the AAMC SJT Portal” button. After you enter your AAMC credentials you will be asked to confirm your name exactly matches the name on the ID you will present on exam day or make any necessary name changes. You will also have an opportunity to update your email address.
After confirming your name, you will be eligible to schedule your exam. The AAMC system will then direct you to the registration and scheduling system, Measure, which is managed by our vendor, Yardstick.
- Step 3: Your AAMC ID, name, and email address will be automatically sent to Measure. Please verify that this information is correct. If it is not, return to the AAMC website to update your information.
- Step 4: Prior to scheduling your exam, read the Examinee Agreement and the AAMC SJT Essentials. It is important that you become familiar with the Examinee agreement because you will be required to agree to it on test day before you will be allowed to take the exam.
Step 5: Once you have scheduled your test, you will receive a confirmation email and gain access to an exam tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software. The exam tutorial will be available up until the time you begin your exam, and you can complete it as many times as you desire.
Rescheduling Your Exam
You may reschedule your exam appointment, subject to deadlines associated with your current exam date, by first canceling your current appointment and then scheduling a new appointment. You may reschedule no later than 24 hours prior to your current appointment, but you will only be able to schedule a new date if registration for the Window has not closed and appointments are available. Refer to Please refer to the 2021 Calendar above for registration deadlines for each Window. The last day you may reschedule your exam is September 2, 2021 (registration deadline for Window 5).
|Current Appointment||Reschedule or Cancel by 11:59 pm ET||Available Windows for New Appointment||Reschedule or Cancel By 24 hours Before Your Appointment Time||Available Windows for New Appointment|
|June 8 & 9||May 20||1, 2, 3, 4, & 5||June 7 & 8||3, 4 & 5|
|June 16 & 17||May 27||2, 3, 4, & 5||June 15 & 16||3, 4 & 5|
|July 13, 14 & 15||June 28||3, 4, & 5||July 12, 13 & 14||4 & 5|
|August 3, 4 & 5||July 20||4 & 5||August 2, 3 & 4||5|
|September 16 & 17||August 16||5||September 15 & 16||N/A|
The AAMC may grant an exception to registration deadlines for, for one of the following reasons:
- You are hospitalized on your scheduled exam day.
- You experience a death in your immediate family.
- You are unexpectedly called away to active military service.
- You are unexpectedly called away for health care service duties related to a catastrophic event.
- You are called to jury duty for the date of your exam.
- You are displaced from your residence due to a natural disaster.
To request a rescheduled appointment for any of the above reasons, send a completed Request to Reschedule form along with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting documentation includes any hospital records, official requests for deployment or jury duty, funeral program or death certification, and/or proof of displacement. The AAMC will review requests until September 24, one week after the last test date of Window 5. However, we strongly recommend you submit your request within 24 hours after your scheduled appointment time. If approved, the AAMC will offer you a new appointment but cannot guarantee your preferred date or time.
Yardstick’s Measure platform provides a tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software available. The tutorial will be available to you once you successfully log in to Measure and it will be up until the time you begin your exam. You can complete it as many times as you desire. To access the exam tutorial, log in using your AAMC credentials.