The fair’s new two-day format offers additional opportunities for participants to connect with admissions experts live.
This year, the virtual fair will be hosted over the course of two days. The first day (Oct. 12) will focus on live information sessions, and the second day (Oct. 13) will consist of a virtual exhibit hall where you can talk with representatives from medical schools across the country through our updated chat feature. This new two-day format will allow attendees to make the most of their time and get more of their questions answered live.
- Narrow down your medical school list by speaking directly with medical school admissions representatives.
You can gather a lot of basic stats on medical schools from their websites, such as a school’s size, teaching style, mission, and demographics. But by speaking directly with admissions officers at the fair, you can get answers to more in-depth questions like:
- What resources does your school have to support the well-being of its students?
- What innovations and changes in the student experience is your school anticipating over the next few years?
- Does your school have a formal mentorship program for students?
- Can you tell me more about the culture of your medical school?
- Learn from the experiences of current medical students.
Oftentimes, the best people to get advice from are those who have previously been in your shoes. On Oct. 13, chat with current medical students in our Med Student Lounge and ask them about their experiences applying and matriculating to school.
- Gain insight on paying for medical school, studying for the MCAT® exam, and preparing for interviews.
In addition to learning about medical school programs, you can also ask questions during our live panels and get in-depth information, advice, and resources to guide you through various steps of the application process.
- Receive a discount code to purchase an MSAR® subscription.
All virtual fair registrants will receive a discount code for 15% off a one- or two-year subscription to the Medical School Admission RequirementsTM (MSAR) website. MSAR subscribers have access to additional features such as the Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®) exam score and GPA of the entering class, information about a school’s interview process, and prerequisite coursework.
What did attendees say about our most recent fair on April 21?
- “It was great being able to chat with representatives from med schools I was interested in. They were very helpful answering questions I could not answer with their immediately available resources and which my premed advisors could only speculate on (e.g., modality of interviews for this cycle, clarifying some qualities of activities they are looking for, specific questions regarding shadowing/letters of [recommendation], etc.).”
- “I was able to learn more about other schools which were not even on my radar in terms of applying to medical school. I think this was super beneficial to me.”
- “I found the mission alignment panel to be the most useful and helpful — I wish I had known all this before I had crafted my school list!”