Depending on the outcome of your Initial Application, you may have concerns about your determination. You have a few options.
Do you have new and substantial information to provide as part of a re-review?
To have your application re-reviewed or to request accommodations in addition to your current MCAT accommodations approval, you can request a Reconsideration.
A Reconsideration request should include new and substantial information. This is information that we have not received before that adds to our understanding of your functioning, such as new test results or information from a different qualified professional. You may wish to consult your evaluator or another qualified professional for assistance identifying additional documentation to submit in support of your request.
A letter of appeal written by you, or a qualified professional, that only conveys previously provided information is insufficient documentation to support a Reconsideration request.
Do you want to request a re-review without providing any new and substantial information?
If you do not have any additional or substantially different documentation to provide and you would like your application to be re-reviewed, you have the option to submit an Appeal request.
Please note that an Appeal may only be submitted once, and determinations are final. Carefully consider whether a Reconsideration or an Appeal is the best option for seeking a re-review of your accommodations request.
Have your MCAT-approved accommodations expired?
If your MCAT-approved accommodations have expired, you will need to obtain an extension. Depending on the nature of your impairment, you may be required to submit updated documentation. Examples of conditions that may need updated information from your qualified professional related to the status of your current impairment include pregnancy, injury, or psychiatric impairments given that the status of or impact from these conditions is likely to change over time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Was your application incomplete?
If your application has been deemed incomplete, it does not provide sufficient information to allow for a full review of your request. This is not a denial. We will require additional information from you or your qualified professional.
Once your application has been re-submitted with the requested information/ documentation, the applicable review cycle will re-start. For example, if you are resubmitting an initial application, the review cycle will take up to 60 days. All other application types may take up to 30 days.
**Incomplete applications should be completed and resubmitted online using the MCAT Accommodations Online application system.
Submitting a Reconsideration, Appeal, or Extension Request
To start a Reconsideration, Appeal, or Extension request, please complete the following:
- Sign in to the MCAT Accommodations Online system and select “Create Application.”
- Select the appropriate type of application you wish to submit.
- Complete relevant application questions.
- Upload any additional and/or updated documentation, if needed.
- Review application for completeness prior to submission. Should you or your evaluator have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Requests for Reconsideration, Appeal, and Extension may take up to 30 days to review. You may check the status of your application by signing into the MCAT Accommodations Online system. Once a determination has been made, you will receive an email notification. You will be able to view your determination in the MCAT Accommodations Online system.
- All application materials must be in English.
- Keep a copy of all documentation you are submitting with your request. The AAMC will not return your documentation or forward it to any third party.
- We will not accept any additional documentation once an application has been submitted.
- Application materials will not be accepted via email or fax.
- Determinations cannot be changed over the phone or by email. Requests must be formally submitted through one of the available application processes outlined above.
- We cannot discuss your application with any third party (including parents) without an Authorization for Release of Information form from you.
- If necessary, your application may be sent for further review to an external reviewer with expertise in the area of your impairment at the discretion of the Director of Accommodations Review. Your documentation will be kept strictly confidential.