2021 Fee Assistance Program Award
The Fee Assistance Program benefits are subject to change. If you are approved for fee assistance during the calendar year, you will receive the following benefits:
MCAT Official Prep Products Benefit
- The MCAT Official Prep products benefit package is subject to change. The current MCAT Official Prep products benefit is the MCAT Official Prep Online-Only Bundle ($268.80 value), which includes all online MCAT Official Prep products.
You will receive the MCAT Official Prep products benefit once in a lifetime, regardless of how many times you are a Fee Assistance Program awardee. We will provide more details about this benefit if you are awarded Fee Assistance.
- Reduced registration fee, from $325 to $130, for MCAT exams.
- Consideration for financial assistance to obtain an updated evaluation to support an application for MCAT exam accommodations (For more information and instructions on how to apply, please visit aamc.org/accombenefit).
Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR) Benefit
- Complimentary subscription to the Medical School Admission Requirements online database following account activation ($36 value).
- Waiver for all AMCAS fees for one (1) application submission, covering up to 20 medical school submissions ($968 value), submitted by December 31, 2022.
Additional fees will be charged for each medical school designation beyond the initial set of 20.
Unused medical school designations do not carry over to the next AMCAS application cycle, even if the next application cycle falls before December 31st of the next year after you've been awarded.
How long can I use these benefits?
Your benefits will begin on the date of approval and will expire the next calendar year on Dec. 31st regardless of when you apply and receive the award during the current application year. Please refer to the table below for clarificaton.
|If your application is approved:||Your benefits expire:|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2020||December 31, 2021|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2021||December 31, 2022|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2022||December 31, 2023|
Can I apply more than once?
You may only apply once per calendar year and be awarded a maximum of five (5) times during your lifetime. Each award includes the MCAT, Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR) online database, and AMCAS benefits. If you apply and receive fee assistance during two consecutive calendar years, unused benefits from your first award will expire as soon as your new award is approved.
Fee Assistance Program benefits are NOT retroactive
Fee Assistance Program benefits are not retroactive. Benefits may only be applied after the Fee Assistance Program benefits have been awarded. No refunds will be issued for any fees paid before you have been approved for the Fee Assistance Program. Also, you will not be able to use your awarded medical school designations if your AMCAS application was submitted before your Fee Assistance Program application was approved. The AAMC is not responsible for any MCAT registration deadlines or medical school application deadlines you may miss while waiting for the review of your Fee Assistance Program application.
Canadian MCAT examinees interested in the Canadian Fee Assistance Program
Learn more about eligibility criteria and application process and deadlines by visiting AFMC’s website. (English website).