MyERAS® Application for Residency Applicants
Using the MyERAS Application
You do not have to complete the entire application at one time and it can be complete in any order that works best for you. For details, please see the application section of the MyERAS User Guide.
MyERAS does not allow you to customize or personalize the MyERAS application for individual programs. You only have one MyERAS application that will be sent to all programs applied to in MyERAS.
- You may customize your application for individual programs or groups of programs in the same specialties using the assignment of specific ERAS documents such as Personal Statements and LoRs.
- You are not required to complete your MyERAS application in one sitting and are advised to take your time working on each section as desired.
- Information in each section of the MyERAS application can be stored individually.
- You may change information in their MyERAS application at any time prior to certifying and submitting.
Support and Guidance While Completing Your Application
- The ERAS is available to assist all applicants with technical support regarding inquires and issues related to the MyERAS web application.
- Residency applicants seeking support in completing the content of the MyERAS application or relevant documents are advised to use their best judgment and reach out to their Designated Dean’s Office for further guidance.
Keeping Your Personal Information Up-to-Date
We recommend that you complete as much of your Personal Information as soon as possible. Personal Information is very important to the programs to which applicants you've applied; therefore, it is essential that this information is kept up-to-date throughout the application season. If updates are made after programs have been applied to, they will be available to programs after clicking Save Personal Information.
Certifying and Submitting Your Application
Certifying and submitting the MyERAS application is a one-time action that cannot be reversed or undone as it will lock on submission to ensure that all programs receive the same copy of your application. A few things to keep in mind before submitting the MyERAS application:
- All required fields denoted by a red asterisk (*) must be completed and saved.
- It is important to carefully review the entire MyERAS application before certifying and submitting to ensure everything is complete and correct.
- Use the Application section on the Dashboard to locate high-level omissions (e.g., major sections that were not saved).
- The MyERAS application does not include a spell or grammar check feature.
- You cannot apply to programs until your application has been certified and submitted.
- Once you have submitted your MyERAS application, you will not be able to make any changes or updates outside of the information provided under the Personal Information section. There are no exceptions.
Note: When you click Submit on the final screen of the certify and submit process, a final message will appear that reads:
"Once you have certified and submitted your application, it will be irrevocably locked and no changes will be permitted. Your application, once certified and submitted, is provided to all programs to which you apply during this ERAS season. Please take the additional time to proofread your application for any errors or omissions."
Viewing Your MyERAS Application
The MyERAS application can be viewed as a PDF version of the information entered in MyERAS by selecting View/Print MyERAS Application located on the Application section on the Dashboard and top-right area of every page under the Application section. This allows you to see how the contents of the MyERAS application will be displayed to programs.
- The PDF version of the MyERAS applications is displayed in APA format to programs.
Viewing the Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The Curriculum Vitae (CV) is the same information you entered in the application section of MyERAS. The CV is nothing more than the MyERAS application formatted differently for the benefit of those programs that prefer to view a CV format.
Key dates for the 2020 ERAS season
ERAS Updates on Twitter
Contact the HelpDesk
- Latest Version of Chrome
- Latest Version of Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11