ERAS includes four individual, but connected, applications developed to serve the needs of each user group involved in the application process and provide impartial, confidential transmission of applications to programs:
- MyERAS for applicants, in which students complete their applications, select programs, assign supporting documents, and submit their materials to their selected programs
- Dean's Office WorkStation (DWS) for Designated Dean’s Offices to upload medical school transcripts and medical school performance evaluations (MSPEs) in support of applications submitted through MyERAS
- Letter of Recommendation Portal (LoRP) for LoR authors to submit letters in support applications submitted through MyERAS
- Program Director's WorkStation (PDWS) for training programs to receive and review the applications and supporting documents
How Does ERAS Work?
- Applicants receive a token from their Designated Dean's Office and use it to register with MyERAS.
- Applicants complete their MyERAS application, select programs, assign supporting documents, and apply to programs.
- Applicant’s Designated Dean’s Office and LoR authors upload supporting documents.
- Examining boards receive and process requests for transcripts.
- Programs receive application materials through the PDWS.