What Are the Benefits of the Fee Assistance Program?
The Fee Assistance Program benefits are subject to change. If you are approved for fee assistance during the 2018 calendar year, you will receive the following:
- Reduced registration fee, from $315 to $125, for MCAT exams until December 31, 2019
- The Official Guide to the MCAT® Exam, Fifth Edition, the AAMC MCAT® Practice Exam 1, the AAMC MCAT® Practice Exam 2, the AAMC MCAT® Section Bank, and the Official MCAT® Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Question Pack, Volume 1 ($170 value). You will receive more details about these benefits if you are awarded fee assistance. Regardless of how many times you are awarded fee assistance, you will receive MCAT prep product benefits only once.
- Up to $800 benefit towards an updated psycho-educational or medical evaluation if it is required to support your MCAT accommodations application. Approval of benefit is subject to review by MCAT Accommodation Services.
Medical School Admission Requirements Benefits
- Complimentary access to the website until December 31, 2018 ($54 value)
- Waiver for all AMCAS fees for one (1) application submission with up to 16 medical school designations ($730 value), submitted by December 31, 2018.
Additional fees will be charged for each medical school designation beyond the initial set of 16.
How long can I use these benefits?
You will be able to use your Fee Assistance Program award benefits for up to two calendar years. Benefits will expire on December 31, the year after they are awarded regardless of when in the year you apply for, and receive, the award. For example:
|If your application is approved:||Your benefits expire:|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2017||December 31, 2018|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2018||December 31, 2019|
|Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2020||December 31, 2021|
You may only apply once per calendar year. Each award includes MCAT, Medical School Admission Requirements website, and AMCAS benefits. If you apply and receive fee assistance during two consecutive calendar years, unused benefits from your first award will expire as soon as your new award is approved.
Fee Assistance Program benefits are not retroactive. You should not submit MCAT registration materials or an AMCAS application until your fee assistance request has completed processing and has either been approved or denied. If you do submit an MCAT registration, AMCAS application, or other such materials with the full service fees, you will not be issued a refund of those fees if your Fee Assistance Program application is later approved. The AAMC is not responsible for any MCAT registration deadlines or AMCAS application deadline you miss while waiting for the review of your Fee Assistance Program application.
Canadian MCAT examinees interested in the Canadian Fee Assistance Program - Learn more about eligibility criteria and application process and deadlines by visiting AFMC’s website (English website).
The 2018 Fee Assistance Program application is now open.
The Fee Assistance Program Application Tutorial
Financial Aid Resources
Contact the Fee Assistance Program
Attn: Fee Assistance Program
655 K Street N.W., Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001
Sending Email? Please include your name, AAMC ID, and a detailed explanation of how we can help in your email. Sorry, we're unable to accept attachments.
Canadian Fee Assistance Program:
Questions? Visit AFMC’s website at - www.afmc.ca/en/mcat-fee-assistance-program
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. ET, Closed Wednesday, 3-5 p.m. ET