AAMC SJT Eligibility and Registration
The AAMC and two pilot schools – University of California Davis School of Medicine and University of Minnesota Medical School Twin Cities campus – are working together to evaluate the AAMC SJT exam. The exam is open only to applicants to these two pilots schools for the AMCAS 2021 cycle, and applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the exam on one of the following exam dates. If scores are ultimately shown to enhance the schools’ holistic review process, the schools may consider them as one part of their admission decisions.
The exam will be offered in two testing windows across six dates. Appointments will be available throughout each test day beginning at 8 a.m. local time.
|Window||Test Dates||Registration Opens||Registration Closes||Score Released|
|1||September 1, 2, 3||July 1, 2020||August 7, 2020||October 14, 2020|
|2||September 8, 9, 10||July 1, 2020||August 14, 2020||October 14, 2020|
- Step 1: Before registering for the AAMC SJT exam, please verify that you have an AAMC account or create one.
- Step 2: Click on the “Register for the AAMC SJT Exam” button. After you enter your AAMC credentials you will be asked to confirm your name exactly matches the name on the ID you will present on exam day or make any necessary name changes. You will also have an opportunity to update your email address.
After confirming your name, you will be eligible to schedule your exam. The AAMC system will then direct you to the registration and scheduling system, Measure, which is managed by our vendor, Yardstick.
- Step 3: Your AAMC ID, name, and email address will be automatically sent to Measure. Please verify that this information is correct. If it is not, return to the AAMC website to update your information.
- Step 4: Prior to scheduling your exam, read the Examinee Agreement. It is available for you to read now in
After reading the Examinee Agreement, select the best available date and time for your exam from the available appointments.
. It is important that you become familiar with the Examinee agreement because you will be required to agree to it on test day before you will be allowed to take the exam.
- Step 5: Once you have scheduled your test, you will receive a confirmation email and gain access to an exam tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software. The exam tutorial will be available up until the time you begin your exam, and you can complete it as many times as you desire.
Rescheduling Your Exam
You may reschedule your exam appointment until the registration deadline associated with your current exam date. Please refer to the 2020 Calendar above for registration deadlines. You must first cancel your existing appointment before you may schedule a new appointment.
Rescheduling after the registration deadline is not allowed. Exceptions may be made for emergencies; rescheduling may be granted, but is not guaranteed, for one of the following reasons:
- You are hospitalized on your scheduled exam day.
- You experience a death in your immediate family.
- You are unexpectedly called away to active military service.
- You are unexpectedly called away for health care service duties related to a catastrophic event.
- You are called to jury duty for the date of your exam.
- You are displaced from your residence due to a natural disaster.
To request a rescheduled appointment for any of the above reasons, send email@example.com. Supporting documentation includes any hospital records, official requests for deployment or jury duty, funeral program or death certification, and/or proof of displacement. The AAMC will review requests until Sept. 17, one week after the last test date of Window 2. However, we strongly recommend you submit your request within 24 hours after your scheduled appointment time for the best opportunity for a new appointment if we are able to approve your request. If approved, the AAMC will offer you a new appointment but cannot guarantee your preferred date or time.along with supporting documentation to
Yardstick’s Measure platform provides a tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software available. The tutorial will be available to you once you successfully log in to Measure and it will be up until the time you begin your exam. You can complete it as many times as you desire. To access the exam tutorial, log in using your AAMC credentials.
Contact the AAMC SJT Program
Monday- Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. ET
Closed Wednesday, 3-5 p.m. ET