The AAMC and participating medical schools are working together to evaluate the AAMC PREview exam. Information about these schools and the AMCAS 2023 cycle will be announced as soon as it is available. Applicants will be strongly encouraged or required to complete the exam on one of the 2022 exam dates. If scores are ultimately shown to enhance the schools’ holistic review process, the schools may consider them as one part of their admission decisions.
The exam will be offered in five testing windows across 10 dates. Appointments will be available throughout each test day beginning at 8 a.m. Eastern Time. Your appointment time will be shown in your local, military time.
The 2022 Testing Calendar
|Window||Test Dates||Registration Opens||Registration Closes||Scores Released|
|1||June 22 & 23||On or about April 5||June 1||July 27|
|2||July 14 & 15||On or about April 5||June 16||August 17|
|3||August 3 & 4||On or about April 5||July 12||September 8|
|4||September 14 & 15||On or about April 5||August 24||October 25|
|5||September 22 & 23||On or about April 5||September 1||October 25|
- Step 1: Before registering for the AAMC PREview exam, please verify that you have an AAMC account or create one.
- Step 2: Click on the “Log in to the AAMC PREview Portal” button. After you enter your AAMC credentials you will be asked to confirm your name exactly matches the name on the ID you will present on exam day or make any necessary name changes. You will also have an opportunity to update your email address. After confirming your name, the AAMC system will then direct you to the registration and scheduling system, Measure, which is managed by our vendor, Yardstick.
- Step 3: Prior to scheduling your exam, read the Examinee Agreement and the AAMC PREview Essentials. It is important that you become familiar with the Examinee agreement because you will be required to agree to it on test day before you will be allowed to take the exam.
- Step 4: Once in the PREview portal, navigate to the 'Products' tab where you will be able to select "AAMC Professional Readiness Exam (PREview) 2022" and be taken to the scheduling webpage. You will then select "Online Proctoring" and choose your time zone, test date, and appointment time.
- Step 5: Input your address and payment info to confirm your purchase and secure your appointment.
- Step 6: Once you have scheduled your test, you will receive a confirmation email and gain access to an exam tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software. The exam tutorial will be available up until the time you begin your exam, and you can complete it as many times as you desire.
There is a flat registration fee of $100.00 for the AAMC PREview exam for the 2022 testing year.
Registration is free to examinees approved for the Fee Assistance Program.
Rescheduling or Cancelling Exam Appointments
You may reschedule your exam appointment, subject to deadlines associated with your current exam date, by selecting the reschedule option available next to your scheduled appointment date. Registration for a given test window closes approximately one month before the first test date in that window. If you reschedule prior to the registration deadline associated with your current appointment, you may reschedule into the same or later window if appointments are available. You may also reschedule after your current appointment’s registration deadline and no later than 24 hours prior to your current appointment, but you will only be able to schedule a new date in a future window if appointments are available. Deadlines for each window are outlined in the table below.
|Current Appointment||Reschedule to the same or later window or by 11:59 p.m. ET||Reschedule to a later window or Cancel by 24 Hours Before Your Appointment Time|
|June 22 & 23||June 1||June 21 & 22|
|July 14 & 15||June 16||July 13 & 14|
|August 3 & 4||July 12||August 2 & 3|
|September 14 & 15||August 24||September 13 & 14|
|September 22 & 23||September 1||September 21 & 22|
Rescheduling and Cancellation Fees
You may reschedule or cancel your exam up to 24 hours prior to your appointment. The following fees apply:
|Rescheduling Fee||Cancellation Fee|
If you do not attend your scheduled exam and you do not reschedule of cancel by the deadline, your registration fee is non-refundable. The AAMC may grant an exception to the above deadlines and/or fees for one of the following reasons:
- You are hospitalized on your scheduled exam day.
- You experience a death in your immediate family.
- You are unexpectedly called away to active military service.
- You are unexpectedly called away for health care service duties related to a catastrophic event.
- You are called to jury duty for the date of your exam.
- You are displaced from your residence due to a natural disaster.
To request a rescheduled appointment for any of the above reasons, send a completed Request to Reschedule form along with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting documentation includes any hospital records, official requests for deployment or jury duty, funeral program or death certification, and/or proof of displacement. The AAMC will review requests until Sept. 30, one week after the last test date of Window 5. However, we strongly recommend you submit your request within 24 hours after your scheduled appointment time. If approved, the AAMC will offer you a new appointment but cannot guarantee your preferred date or time.
Yardstick’s Measure platform provides a tutorial demonstrating the functions and features of the exam software available. The tutorial will be available to you once you successfully log in to Measure and it will be up until the time you begin your exam. You can complete it as many times as you desire. To access the exam tutorial, log in using your AAMC credentials.