2. Read the MCAT Essentials. This is required reading for all examinees because it contains the most important information you will need to know prior to registering and taking the exam Understanding and reviewing the policies and procedures, scoring processes, and other essential details about test day will help you have a better experience. You will know what to expect before, during, and after your test and will be asked to agree to the terms listed in the MCAT Essentials while registering for the exam.
3. Know when registration opens for your desired test dates.
- November 10, 2020 at noon ET—for January-March dates
- February 17 & 18 at noon ET 2021—for April-June dates
- May 2021 – July-September dates
*Please see our website for the most current information.
4. Have your AAMC login information available. Before registering for the MCAT exam, you will need to create an AAMC account. You may create your AAMC account at anytime. Go to the MCAT Registration System and follow the link to create an AAMC ID. You do not need to create another AAMC ID if you have one from other AAMC services; if you don’t remember your password you should reset it.
5. Have your MCAT-Accepted ID. This will help ensure your registration matches your ID EXACTLY. Hint: Make sure your ID will meet the test-day requirements.
6. Preselect exam dates to include your preferred date, along with a few alternate dates that would also work for you in the event that your first date choice is not available. It may be helpful to print a copy of the MCAT test schedule and have that on hand.
7. Save time by having your credit card information readily available. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted.
8. Learn about the AAMC Fee Assistance Program and how it works. The AAMC Fee Assistance Program helps MCAT examinees and AMCAS® applicants who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the MCAT exam or apply to medical schools that use the AMCAS application. You must be approved for the program before registering to take advantage of the benefits.
9. Review the scheduling fees. Depending on when you register and select your MCAT test date and location, your fees may be different.
10. Contact the AAMC Services with questions. AAMC staff are available to assist MCAT examinees with any questions that may arise. You may call 202-828-0600 between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET on weekdays to speak with a staff member or contact us at