We are pleased to offer financial assistance of up to $1000 to recipients of the AAMC's Fee Assistance Program (FAP) whose most recent evaluation does not meet our requirement for a current evaluation.
This benefit is not available for first-time psycho-educational or medical evaluations. All applicants must submit a comprehensive evaluation that is outdated to be considered for assistance. Additionally, the benefit may not be used retroactively for previously completed evaluations.
Please note that an approval for the Accommodations Financial Benefit does not guarantee an approval for accommodations on the MCAT exam.
More about the award amount
The maximum amount of the Accommodations Financial Benefit is $1000. If the cost of the re-evaluation exceeds this amount, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
The Accommodations Financial Benefit is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. If you believe you are eligible for the benefit, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Please review the eligibility requirements prior to submitting your application to prevent delays due to incomplete applications.
To be eligible for the Accommodations Financial Benefit, you must:
Be approved for AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program.
Submit your application and supporting documentation for the Accommodations Financial Benefit in the MCAT Accommodation Services online application system under Service Requests.
Provide a prior, outdated comprehensive evaluation that addresses your impairment and associated need for accommodations. You may submit this evaluation in one of two ways:
Upload the outdated evaluation directly to your application for the financial benefit, or
Reference an evaluation that you have previously submitted as part of your accommodations application that was deemed incomplete due to the age of the document.
For more information on what is considered outdated and what is considered comprehensive based on your impairment type, please see our evaluation guidelines on the Application Guidelines and Requirements page of our website. Please note:
- Approval for AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program is one prerequisite for program eligibility. However, it does not guarantee eligibility for/approval of the Accommodations Financial Benefit.
- You must be approved for the Accommodations Financial Benefit (in addition to the AAMC’s Fee Assistance Program) prior to receiving your evaluation. The benefit may not be used retroactively for previously completed evaluations.
- The benefit is not intended to support applicants in obtaining a new evaluation in order to request a re-review of a prior determination.
If you have any questions about the eligibility requirements above, please contact us.
How to submit your application
You can now submit your application for the MCAT Accommodation Services Financial Benefit directly through our online application system.
- Log into the MCAT Accommodation Services online application system
- Locate “Submit a Service Request”
- Click “Submit Application for MCAT Accommodations Services Financial Benefit”
- Provide the necessary information as requested
- Submit your Service Request
Lower-cost evaluation options
MCAT Accommodation Services recognizes that there is a cost associated with obtaining a comprehensive evaluation. If you are seeking a lower-cost evaluation for LD or ADHD, a university-based testing clinic may be able to provide you with this service. Search the lower-cost evaluation options table to find a clinic near you.