Who Can Use It
You have full access to MLOC if you are an enrolled medical school student, a medical school graduate, or a medical school administrator at an AAMC-member medical school. All eligible users have free premium access, which includes the ability to upload your federal loans, run repayment scenarios, and save your loan repayment options. To sign in to your MLOC account, see below under getting started.
Non-premium users have limited functionality and are not able to upload their federal student aid loan file or save their repayment information. A visitor can upgrade to premium access for $9.99. Upgrading your account provides premium access for four years.
Please note: If you are a dental student or graduate see the Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator (DLOC).
- Access your federal loan information at studentaid.gov and download your "My Aid Data" file.
- Sign in to your MedLoans® Organizer and Calculator account using your AAMC username and password. If you need help, email Denine Hales at email@example.com. Please DO NOT create another AAMC account.
- Once logged in to your MLOC account, select "Get Started Now".
- Within the MedLoans® Organizer tab, click on the Upload Aid Data and follow the instructions. If you have private or institutional loans that you want to store in the Organizer, you will need to enter these loans manually.
- Move to the MedLoans® Calculator tab, answer and submit the questions, to view your repayment options.
To see how to upload your Aid Data file and to learn more about the functionality of the MLOC, watch the demo.
Benefits of the MLOC
- Provides a secure place to enter, upload, track, and store loans.
- Shows various repayment scenarios based upon a borrower’s portfolio, household, and residency information.
- Provides a better understanding of student loan debt and the cost of repayment.
What medical students and graduates are saying about the MLOC:
“It has helped me plan my loan repayment and has removed my need to meet with a specialist about this. This is a great resource!!!”
"The calculator was a great tool for me to familiarize myself with the different repayment options prior to attending the counseling session. Excellent tool!"
"Very helpful to see the breakdown of our loans, and the different monthly payments for each of the different options. Very valuable to have it all laid out for us, thanks for this tool."
Questions and Comments
Send your questions and feedback to FIRST@aamc.org.