Frequently Asked Questions are updated throughout the ERAS 2022 season (June 9 , 2021 - May 31, 2022).
Who should I contact if I need advice on how to fill out my application?
ERAS Client Technical Support is available to provide technical support with the MyERAS application but cannot advise you on how to fill out your application. You should contact your Designated Dean’s Office if you need advice on how to fill out your application.
When can I certify and submit my fellowship application?
- July fellowship applicants can begin certifying and submitting their application on July 7 at 9 a.m. ET.
- December fellowship applicants can begin certifying and submitting their application on November 17 at 9 a.m. ET.
Note: These dates are the first day that MyERAS will allow applicants to certify and submit their application. It does not mean that an applicant must certify and submit their application on this date.
Once you have certified and submitted your application, it will be irrevocably locked and no changes will be permitted. Your application, once certified and submitted, is provided to all programs to which you apply during this ERAS season. Please take the additional time to proofread your application for any errors or omissions.
Are there any parts of the application that can be changed or updated after I certify and submit my application?
Once you have certified and submitted your MyERAS application, you will not be able to make any changes or updates outside of the information provided under the Personal Information section. There are no exceptions.
When can I begin applying to programs?
- Applicants can begin applying to July cycle fellowship programs on July 7 at 9 a.m. ET. However, July cycle fellowship programs will not be able to view your applications until July 21 at 9 a.m. ET.
- Applicants can begin applying to December cycle fellowship programs on November 17 at 9 a.m. ET. However, December cycle fellowship programs will not be able to view your applications until December 1 at 9 a.m. ET.
When will programs be able to view my application?
- July cycle fellowship programs can begin viewing applications on August 12, 2020 at 9 a.m. ET.
- December cycle fellowship programs can begin viewing applications on December 1, 2020 at 9 a.m. ET.
Do all my supporting documents have to be uploaded to ERAS before I can apply to fellowship programs?
No. MyERAS only requires that you select a training type in order to apply to programs. Documents can be assigned any time before or after applying to programs.
However, it is important to keep program deadlines and requirements in mind when assigning documents and applying to programs.
The Assignments Report, which can be found in the Programs menu, is a detailed report of training selections and document assignments for programs you have saved and applied to. Use this report to ensure that the documents assigned to the program meet their application requirements.
What's the deadline for applying to fellowship programs?
Individual programs set their own deadlines for receiving application. It is your responsibility as an applicant to research programs thoroughly and in advance of applying to programs.
Also, the ERAS season ends on May 31 of each year, at which point you will no longer have access to your MyERAS account and will not be able to apply to additional programs for the season. Also programs will no longer be able to receive new applications or any supporting documents when the season closes.
If you intend to use the repeat applicant function, please be sure to certify and submit your application. You may refer to the Repeat Applicant FAQs for more information.