SOAP® 2018 Information
During Match Week, unmatched and partially matched applicants who are deemed eligible may participate in the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®) to try to obtain an unfilled ACGME-accredited residency position.
SOAP 2018 begins at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, March 12 and ends at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, March 15.
Meet NRMP eligibility criteria for SOAP participation
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to participate in SOAP:
- Registered for the NRMP Main Residency Match®
- Eligible to enter Graduate Medical Education (GME) on July 1 of the Main Residency Match Year (Must be available to begin training on July 1, 2018) as verified by your medical school or Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Partially matched or fully unmatched during the NRMP Main Residency Match®
For more SOAP information please visit the NRMP website.
If you so choose,
- Update your Personal Information section in MyERAS and add your NRMP ID
- Update or add new personal statement(s)
- Work with letter of recommendation (LoR) authors to secure any new LoRs
Applicants who have applied to at least one ACGME-accredited residency program during the ERAS 2018 season can participate in SOAP for free.
Applicants who have not applied to at least one ACGME-accredited residency program through ERAS by 11 a.m. ET, Monday, March 12, 2018 must pay an ERAS registration fee of $99.
Once SOAP begins
During SOAP, you will be able to apply to a total of 45 ACGME-accredited Match participating programs between 12 p.m. ET Monday and 11 a.m. ET Thursday (includes applications to newly selected programs and re-applications to programs you selected during the ERAS 2018 season).
Once you have reached the maximum of 45 applications, you will not be able to apply to additional programs until SOAP ends at 11 a.m. on Thursday. You are not required to apply to the full 45 programs allotted during SOAP, but any remaining applications will not carry-over after SOAP ends. ERAS will not make any exceptions. You may not contact programs unless the program initiates contact.
After SOAP concludes
- ERAS will resume normal activities at 11:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, March 15.
- At 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, the List of Unfilled Programs will be made available.
- At 1 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, you find out where you have matched through the NRMP R3 system and email.
Key dates for the 2018 ERAS season
ERAS Updates on Twitter
Contact the HelpDesk
- Latest Version of Chrome
- Latest Version of Firefox
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11