Registration and Scheduling with Accommodations
Depending on the determination of your accommodations application (at the time of registration), it may be recommended that you call in to schedule an exam appointment. Please thoroughly review our guidelines below to ensure that you are able to successfully register and schedule for your MCAT exam.
- We encourage you to register and schedule an exam for your preferred test date and location as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of testing at your preferred location and on your preferred test date.
- In the event that you choose to schedule an exam date and your request for accommodations is subsequently approved, a Pearson VUE representative will call you to schedule a new exam appointment with your approved accommodations.
Note: You will only be contacted by Pearson VUE if you have already scheduled a date and location to take the MCAT exam at the time of your accommodations approval.
- Complete the Personal, Biographic, Background, Consents, and Use of Personal Info sections of the registration process in the MCAT Registration System (MRS), if you have not done so already. You will not be able to continue scheduling an exam without completing this step.
- It is highly recommended that you then call and speak with a Pearson VUE representative at 1-800-466-0450 to schedule a date and location with your approved accommodations. Pearson VUE representatives will have the most up-to-date information about locations that are able to support delivery of your approved accommodations.
- If you elect to schedule a date and location online through the MRS system, it is not guaranteed that your selected location will be able to support delivery of your approved accommodations. A Pearson VUE representative will call you to schedule a new exam appointment to include your approved accommodations.
Cancellations and Rescheduling: If your scheduled appointment has confirmed accommodations associated with it, cancellations or any changes to your appointment must be handled over the phone by a Pearson VUE representative and are subject to all standard MCAT scheduling deadlines and fees. If you wish to change your appointment, please contact Pearson VUE at 1-800-466-0450.
Note: Pearson VUE is not involved in the application review process and cannot provide any information regarding your application status and/or determination. Those questions should be directed to.
Testing Over Multiple Days
Due to the length of the standard MCAT exam, all examinees approved for extended exam time will test over multiple, consecutive days. Other accommodations may also require testing over multiple days; your approval letter will specify if this is necessary.
Exams that are administered over two days will be scheduled on pre-determined, consecutive days, with two sections administered per day. The order of the test sections will be the same as in standard test administrations.
|Double Day Exam Dates|
|If you register for:||Your exam dates will be:|
|January 19 or 20||January 19 & 20|
|January 25||January 25 & 26|
|March 24||March 24 & 25|
|April 6||April 6 & 7|
|April 20 or 21||April 20 & 21|
|May 5||May 5 & 6|
|May 18 or 19||May 18 & 19|
|May 24||May 24 & 25|
|June 1 or 2||June 1 & 2|
|June 16||June 16 & 17|
|June 29 or 30||June 29 & 30|
|July 7||July 7 & 8|
|July 20 or 21||July 20 & 21|
|July 24||July 24 & 25|
|August 3 or 4||August 3 & 4|
|August 9 or 10||August 9 & 10|
|August 18||August 18 & 19|
|August 31 or September 1||August 31 & September 1|
|September 8||September 8 & 9|
|September 18 or 19||September 18 & 19|
If you are approved for testing over multiple days and anticipate testing in Canada, please review our schedule for Canada specific multi-day testing:
Keep in mind:
- Pearson VUE’s call center is not open on weekends: If scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling an exam appointment close to one of the zone deadlines, you will need to call Pearson VUE during normal business hours on or before the zone deadline date. The Pearson VUE call center is open 7am-7pm CT Monday – Friday. Calling outside of these hours may delay the processing of your appointment change request.
- Be mindful of review cycles: When choosing your test date, make sure to leave enough time for the review of your application as well as the confirmation process. See the table on our section for more information.
- Think about scheduling early: If you choose, you can wait to schedule an exam until you receive a determination on your request for accommodations; however, it is less likely that you will be able to test on your preferred date and/or location.