Registration and Scheduling with Accommodations
All examinees seeking to take the MCAT exam must register for an exam through the
1-800-566-0450 Monday through Friday
7:00 am- 7:00 pm CST (excluding holidays)
Note: Pearson VUE is not involved in the application review process and cannot provide any information regarding your application status and/or determination. Those questions should be directed to.
Depending on the determination of your accommodations application (at the time of registration), it may be recommended that you call in to schedule an exam appointment. Please thoroughly review our guidelines below to ensure that you are able to successfully register and schedule for your MCAT exam. It is not guaranteed that your selected location will be able to support delivery of your approved accommodations. On occasion, we may have to move your appointment location or change your exam date to provide all your approved accommodations.
Please be aware, Pearson VUE may not alter or make additions to your previously approved accommodations. All accomodation approvals must come from the MCAT Acommodation Services Office. Pearson VUE cannot start the confirmation process without an approval or after the Silver Zone deadline of an exam. Please plan accordingly. All standard fees and deadlines apply.
- We encourage you to register and schedule an exam for your preferred test date and location as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of testing at your preferred location and on your preferred test date.
- In the event that you choose to schedule an exam date and your request for accommodations is subsequently approved, a Pearson VUE representative will call you to schedule a new exam appointment with your approved accommodations.
Note: You will only be contacted by Pearson VUE if you have already scheduled a date and location to take the MCAT exam at the time of your accommodations approval.
- Complete the Personal, Biographic, Background, Consents, and Use of Personal Info sections of the registration process in the MCAT Registration System (MRS), if you have not done so already. You will not be able to continue scheduling an exam without completing this step.
- It is highly recommended that you then call and speak with a Pearson VUE representative at 1-800-466-0450 to schedule a date and location with your approved accommodations. Pearson VUE representatives will have the most up-to-date information about locations that are able to support delivery of your approved accommodations.
- If you elect to schedule a date and location online through the MRS system, it is not guaranteed that your selected location will be able to support delivery of your approved accommodations. A Pearson VUE representative will call you to schedule a new exam appointment to include your approved accommodations.
Cancellations and Rescheduling: If your scheduled appointment has confirmed accommodations associated with it, cancellations or any changes to your appointment must be handled over the phone by a Pearson VUE representative and are subject to all standard MCAT scheduling deadlines and fees. If you wish to change your appointment, please contact Pearson VUE at 1-800-466-0450 Monday through Friday, 7:00 am -7:00 pm CST (excluding holidays).
Testing Over Multiple Days
Due to the length of the standard MCAT exam, all examinees approved for extended exam time will test over multiple, consecutive days. Other accommodations may also require testing over multiple days; your approval letter will specify if this is necessary.
Exams that are administered over two days will be scheduled on pre-determined, consecutive days, with two sections administered per day. The order of the test sections will be the same as in standard test administrations.
|Double Day Exam Dates|
|If you register for:||Your exam dates will be:|
|January 18th or 19th||January 18th & 19th|
|January 24th||January 24th & 25th|
|March 15th||March 15th & 16th|
|March 29th||March 29th & 30th|
|April 5th or 6th||April 5th & 6th|
|April 13th||April 13th & 14th|
|May 11th||May 11th & 12th|
|May 18th||May 18th & 19th|
|May 23rd or 24th||May 23rd & 24th|
|May 31st or June 1st||May 31st & June 1st|
|June 15th||June 15th & 16th|
|June 28th or 29th||June 28th & 29th|
|July 10th||July 10th & 11th|
|July 13th||July 13th & 14th|
|July 19th or 20th||July 19th & 20th|
|August 2nd or 3rd||August 2nd & 3rd|
|August 9th||August 9th & 10th|
|August 17th||August 17th & 18th|
|August 30th or 31st||August 30th & 31st|
|September 6th||September 6th & 7th|
|September 13th or 14th||September 13th & 14th|
If you are approved for testing over multiple days and anticipate testing in Canada, please review our schedule for Canada specific multi-day testing:
Keep in mind:
- Pearson VUE’s call center is not open on weekends: If scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling an exam appointment close to one of the zone deadlines, you will need to call Pearson VUE during normal business hours on or before the zone deadline date. The Pearson VUE call center is open 7am-7pm CT Monday – Friday. Calling outside of these hours may delay the processing of your appointment change request.
- Be mindful of review cycles: When choosing your test date, make sure to leave enough time for the review of your application as well as the confirmation process. See the table on our section for more information.
- Think about scheduling early: If you choose, you can wait to schedule an exam until you receive a determination on your request for accommodations; however, it is less likely that you will be able to test on your preferred date and/or location.