Certifying and Submitting Your Application
Before you submit your application, be sure to proofread it carefully. We recommend using the “Print Application” feature and proofreading a hard copy of your application.
After you submit your application, you may only make changes to the following information:
- ID Numbers.
- Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names.
- Contact Information including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses.
- Alternate Contact Information.
- Date of Birth, Birth Address, and Sex.
- Letters of Evaluation (only additions of up to 10 letters and notifying AMCAS of a letter no longer being sent).
- Next MCAT testing date.
- Add Medical Schools and change existing Program type (deadlines, fees, and restrictions apply).
- Release application information to your prehealth advisor.
In order to submit your application, you are required to agree to a series of statements, which you can find in the
Your certification of these statements takes the place of your legal signature and is binding. When you certify (electronically sign) your application, you signify that you have read this information as well as all other instructions throughout the application.
At the time of submission, you must provide payment for any application fees. The 2021 AMCAS processing fee is $170, which includes one medical school designation. Additional medical school designations are $41 each. Tax, where applicable, will be calculated at checkout. You can pay online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) or with a award. AMCAS will not accept any offline payments, including checks, money orders, or credit card information sent via mail, fax, email, or telephone.