AAMC SJT Accommodations
This website contains information you need to understand the application process and how to schedule your AAMC SJT exam with accommodations. Each page of our site is geared towards a specific component of the accommodations request process.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the entire process before applying. You can access these pages by using the buttons to the right.
Important Steps Before Applying
- Create an AAMC ID (if you have not already done so)
- Understand how our review process works
- Review pertinent review cycles, deadlines, & dates
- Understand all necessary application steps
- Identify application requirements associated with your condition
Our Review Process
Our policies are guided by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as our mission to provide a valid exam while maintaining a level playing field for all test takers. Keep in mind, it is your current functional limitations (in combination with the demands of the task you will be undertaking), not diagnosis alone, that determines the appropriateness of a requested accommodation.
Since most applicants for AAMC SJT accommodations have taken or will be taking the MCAT exam, both exams require the same supporting documentation. Please read theprovided on the MCAT exam webpages.
Below is an overview of the components that we look for within your documentation:
- Identification of your diagnosis and impairments
- Discussion of the current functional limitations affecting your ability to access to the exam
- Recommendations for accommodation on the exam
- A rationale for each recommended accommodation