The following apply to all applicants for AAMC PREview accommodations:
- All application materials must be in English.
- Keep a copy of all documentation you are submitting with your request. The AAMC will not return your documentation or forward it to any third party.
- All documentation must be provided in one application. We will not accept any additional documentation once an application has been submitted.
- Due to privacy reasons, evaluations from your provider will not be accepted over email or fax.
- Determinations cannot be changed over the phone or by email. Requests must be formally submitted through one of the available application processes outlined below.
- We cannot discuss your application with any third party (including parents) without an Authorization for Release of Information form from you.
- If necessary, your application may be forwarded for further review to an external reviewer with expertise in the area of your impairment at the discretion of the Director of Accommodations Review. Your documentation will be kept strictly confidential.
Current MCAT Accommodations Status
In the application you will be asked for your current status related to requesting accommodations for the MCAT exam. When applicable, we will rely on your MCAT accommodations approval or documentation submitted with your MCAT accommodations application.
- I have an unexpired approval (valid through the 2022 testing year) for MCAT accommodations and I am not requesting accommodations that differ from my MCAT accommodations approval. (Processing time: 30 days)
- I have an unexpired approval (valid through the 2022 testing year) for MCAT accommodations and I am requesting additional or different accommodations than those I received for the MCAT exam. (Processing time: 60 days)
- I have a current application pending for MCAT accommodations. (Processing time: 60 days)
- I do not have an active approval or pending application for MCAT accommodations. (Processing time: 60 days)
- In the current 2022 application you will see the exam referenced as both the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam (PREview) and the AAMC Situational Judgment Test (SJT).
- Processing time begins when the AAMC receives your complete application, including required supporting documentation (if applicable).
- Statuses 2 & 4, noted above, require submission of supporting documentation with your application. For documentation guidance please visit the MCAT Accommodations web pages.
- Any submitted PREview accommodations documentation does not replace documentation required for a future MCAT Accommodations Application.
- The application process below remains consistent for all statuses above: 1, 2, 3, & 4
To apply for PREview Accommodations:
- Review the standard testing conditions for the AAMC PREview Exam
- Based on your current MCAT status, determine if you need to submit documentation with your application. Documentation requirements can be found with MCAT Accommodations instructions.
- Read the Test Day Rules for the AAMC PREview Exam
- If you believe you have a disability, impairment, or medical condition that requires an adjustment to the standard conditions or test day rules for the AAMC PREview exam, complete and submit the below application to email@example.com.
When we have completed the review of your application, we will send the decision letter to the email address you provided in your Application for AAMC PREview Accommodations form.