The following apply to all applicants for AAMC PREview accommodations:
- All application materials must be in English.
- Keep a copy of all documentation you are submitting with your request. The AAMC will not return your documentation or forward it to any third party.
- Send all documentation with your application. Sending documentation separately may result in significant delays.
- Due to privacy reasons, evaluations from your provider will not be accepted over email or fax.
- Reconsideration or appeal requests must be formally submitted through one of the available application processes outlined below.
- If necessary, your application may be forwarded for further review to an external reviewer with expertise in the area of your impairment at the discretion of the Director of Accommodations Review. Your documentation will be kept strictly confidential.
- We cannot discuss your application with any third party (including parents) without an Authorization for Release of Information form from you.
Current MCAT® Accommodations Status
In the application you will be asked for your current status related to requesting accommodations for the MCAT® exam. When applicable, we will rely on your MCAT application for accommodations and the documentation submitted with your MCAT accommodations application.
- I have an unexpired approval (valid through the 2023 testing year) for MCAT accommodations and I am not requesting accommodations that differ from my MCAT accommodations approval. (Processing time: 30 days)
- I have an unexpired approval (valid through the 2023 testing year) for MCAT accommodations and I am requesting additional or different accommodations than those I received for the MCAT exam. Please submit additional supporting documentation to email@example.com. (Processing time: 60 days)
- I have a current application pending for MCAT accommodations. (Processing time: 60 days)
- I do not have an active approval or pending application for MCAT accommodations. Please submit additional supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Processing time: 60 days)
Additional application types that are not related to your MCAT Accommodations Status but may apply to you, include:
- I have a previous approval for PREview Accommodations and am requesting an extension (Processing time: 30 days)
- I have a current PREview approval and I am requesting additional accommodation(s). Please submit any additional documentation to support your new request to email@example.com. (Processing time: 30 days)
- Processing time begins when the AAMC receives your complete application, including required supporting documentation (if applicable).
- Statuses 2 & 4, noted above, require submission of supporting documentation with your application. For documentation guidance please visit the MCAT documentation requirements.
- Any submitted PREview accommodations documentation does not replace documentation required for a future MCAT Accommodations Application.
- The application process below remains consistent for all statuses named above.
- If you are submitting an Appeal or a Reconsideration on a previous determination, please complete the applicable forms for each and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Processing time for both Appeals and Reconsiderations is 30 days.
To apply for PREview Accommodations:
- Review the standard testing conditions for the PREview exam.
- Based on your current MCAT status, determine if you need to submit documentation with your application. If you need to submit documentation, please refer to the MCAT Documentation requirements.
- Read the Test Day Rules for the PREview exam.
- If you believe you have a disability, impairment, or medical condition that requires an adjustment to the standard conditions or test day rules for the AAMC PREview exam, complete and submit an application for accommodations via the link below. For any questions, please email email@example.com.
When we have completed the review of your application, we will send the decision letter to the email address you provided in your Application for AAMC PREview Accommodations form.