The Examinee Agreement is a legally binding contract between you and the AAMC. It sets forth the terms and conditions under which the AAMC will permit you to access and complete the AAMC PREview™ professional readiness exam and receive a score report. In addition to the terms explained below, all policies and procedures contained in the current version of The AAMC Professional Readiness Exam Essentials are expressly incorporated as additional terms of the Examinee Agreement. You must indicate that you understand and agree to abide by the terms of the Examinee Agreement to proceed with registering for and completing the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam.
The Examinee Agreement will appear before the ProctorU Terms and Conditions when you first launch your exam. These documents will appear on a single window and must be read in their entirety before they are accepted.
Full Text of the Examinee Agreement
Before you continue with the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam, you must agree to each term and condition described below. Adherence to the Examinee Agreement is necessary to maintain a fair process.
By selecting “I Agree” at the end of the Examinee Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these rules.
I certify that I am the person whose name appears on the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam registration for the 2021 testing year.
I agree not to engage or attempt to engage in behavior that would provide me with an unfair advantage, or otherwise undermine the integrity, security, or validity of the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam, including, but not limited to:
- Impersonating an examinee or engaging someone else to complete the exam for me.
- Unless otherwise approved by the AAMC:
- Taking the exam in the presence of others.
- Receiving assistance from anyone during the exam.
- Assisting another examinee during the exam.
- Attempting by any means to duplicate, record, or memorize exam content or items.
- Searching for potential responses online in advance or while completing the exam.
- Soliciting, discussing, or disclosing exam content or otherwise violating the terms of the Examinee Agreement.
- Taking an unapproved break, leaving your seat, talking, or engaging in any activity the proctor requests you cease while completing the exam.
- Engaging in verbal or other abuse, harassment, or threats toward the exam proctor.
- At any time after check-in and prior to completing the exam session, possessing, accessing, or using:
- Electronic devices, including cellular phones.
- Cameras or recording equipment of any kind.
- Books, notes, or any other written materials.
I understand and agree to The AAMC Professional Readiness Exam Essentials, the AAMC Website Terms and Conditions, the AAMC Privacy Statement, and the AAMC Policies Regarding the Collection, Use, and Dissemination of Medical Student and Applicant Data, and the AAMC’s collection, storage, and processing of my personal information according to these policies. I understand and agree that any personal information provided by me during the exam process will be transferred to the AAMC in the United States and its delivery administrator, ProctorU; to those medical schools (wherever located) that I select through the exam registration system or through the AMCAS application in future years; and to other third parties as stated in these policies.
I further agree and give permission for my future medical school to release my relevant school records to the AAMC and any third-party service providers under contract to the AAMC to conduct research on the relationship between AAMC PREview scores, admission decisions, and medical school performance. My medical school records released to the AAMC may include school-specific admission data, grades, ratings from courses and clerkships, performance on USMLE exams, faculty ratings of performance for research only, other data to document my progression through medical school, and graduation.
I understand and agree that any alleged violation of this Examinee Agreement or any alleged activity that may compromise the validity, integrity, or security of the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam may be investigated. If I violate the terms of this Examinee Agreement, including those stated in The AAMC Professional Readiness Exam Essentials, or fail to fully cooperate in any investigation of a violation, I may face the following consequences:
- My score may be placed on hold while the AAMC completes its investigation.
- The AAMC may issue a report of the factual findings of the investigation to legitimately interested parties.
- My score may be canceled, before or after the score is reported.
- I may be banned from taking the AAMC Professional Readiness Exam for a limited time or permanently.
Information about the AAMC investigation process may be found in The AAMC Professional Readiness Exam Essentials. I agree to comply with the terms of this Examinee Agreement, and I understand the consequences of failing to comply.