2. Read the MCAT Essentials. This is required reading for all examinees because it provides important information about what to expect before, during, and after your exam. Understanding and reviewing the policies and procedures, scoring processes, and details about test day will help you have a better experience. You will also be asked to agree to the terms listed in the MCAT Essentials while registering for the exam.
3. Registration for exams in July-September will open on Tuesday, February 27 at noon ET. If you aren't ready to schedule your exam, the MCAT Registration System remains open.
4. Have your AAMC login information available. Before registering for the MCAT exam, you will need to create an AAMC account. Go to the MCAT Registration System and follow the link to create an AAMC ID. If you already have an AAMC ID from using other services, you must use that account to register for the exam. Do not create a new AAMC account. If you don’t remember your password you should reset it.
6. In addition to your preferred date, select a few alternate dates that would also work for you in the event that your first date choice is not available. It may be helpful to print a copy of the MCAT test schedule and have that on hand.
7. Save time by having your credit card information readily available. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. NOTE: We do not recommend using autofill capabilities in your web browser when you register or pay for your exam.
8. Learn about the AAMC Fee Assistance Program and how it works. The AAMC Fee Assistance Program helps MCAT examinees and AMCAS® applicants who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the MCAT exam or apply to medical schools that use the AMCAS application. You must be approved for the program before registering to take advantage of the benefits. The review takes about 10 business days.
9. Review the scheduling fees. Schedule an exam for a date when you’ll know you will be ready to test.
10. Contact the AAMC Services with questions. Call 202-828-0600 between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET on weekdays to speak with a staff member or contact us at aamc.org/contactmcat.