AAMC MCAT Official Prep Bulk Purchase Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: September 11, 2020
The Medical College Admission Test® (“MCAT®”) is a program of the Association of American Medical Colleges (“AAMC”). After purchase, online AAMC MCAT Official Prep Products (“Prep Products”) are made available through the AAMC MCAT Official Prep Hub (the “Hub”). Bulk purchase of Prep Products results in unique identifiers that grant individual access to a Prep Product (the “Access Code”) distributed by a “Code Bank” that is managed in the Access Code Management Tool (“ACMT”).
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your purchase as well as your use of the Code Bank. In addition, the AAMC Website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement are incorporated by reference, if a conflict exists these Terms shall take precedence. By purchasing the Code Bank, you agree to the Terms set forth below. If you do not accept these Terms, do not purchase the Code Bank.
Restrictions on Purchase
Bulk purchase of the Prep Products may only be made by individuals who are either offering an MCAT test preparation course, are pre-health advisors, or otherwise permitted by the AAMC. For the purposes of these Terms:
• “Authorized Employee” is (a) an employee of a company offering a Course; or (b) a college/university pre-health advisor or other college/university employee;
• “Course” is an MCAT preparation course that must provide original content to assist with problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of natural, behavioral, and social science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine;
• “Student” is (a) an individual currently registered and in good standing with your Course; or (b) is an enrolled student in good standing at your college/university.
No Individual Resale
You may not make the Access Codes and the Prep Products available for individual resale. For the avoidance of doubt, individual resale includes, but is not limited to:
• Offering the Prep Products as a standalone product
• Offering similar test preparation packages where the only difference between packages is including the Prep Products. The Prep Products may not be the differentiating feature between the Company’s offerings.
• Offering the Prep Products as an add-on sale
Each Access Code will provide one person access to a Prep Product in the Hub. Access Codes may only be distributed to your Authorized Employees and Students.
Upon receipt of full payment, AAMC will generate a “Code Bank” that houses the Access Codes for the Prep Products you purchased. The Code Bank is accessible in an online portal, the Access Code Management Tool (“ACMT”) which is tied to your AAMC ID. The ACMT will maintain a record of all Code Banks associated with your AAMC ID and the history of Access Codes issued. The Code Bank, and its associated Access Codes, are available to you for 365 days from date of purchase. Any Access Codes not issued within 365 days from the date of purchase will be forfeited.
Use of the Code Bank is your sole responsibility. All sales are final. Refunds will not be issued.
Access Code Issuance
Using the Code Bank, you may issue Access Codes to Authorized Employees and Students via an email generated by the ACMT. Once issued, the recipient has twenty-eight (28) days to redeem the Access Code. If an Access Code is not redeemed during that time: (a) the Access Code will expire and the unique link sent to the recipient will no longer work and (b) the expired Access Code will be returned to your Code Bank and you may issue a new Access Code to the same or different recipient.
If the Authorized Employee or Student experiences difficulties redeeming an Access Code, you must call the AAMC for assistance on their behalf. Further, you agree not to direct your Authorized Employees or Students to contact the AAMC with Access Code redemption questions.
Access Code Redemption and Use
You understand and agree to the following:
• Once redeemed, the Access Code has been spent.
• An Authorized Employee or Student must have an AAMC account to redeem the Access Code.
• An Authorized Employee or Student must accept the AAMC MCAT Official Prep Hub Terms and Conditions to view the Prep Product.
• AAMC will enforce the AAMC MCAT Official Prep Hub Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion, and an Authorized Employee or Student’s access to the online Prep Product may be terminated without reinstatement or refund.
• The Authorized Employee or Student who redeems the Access Code will have 365 days of unlimited access to that Prep Product from the date the Access Code was issued (e.g. the date the Access Code was first emailed to the individual). The Prep Product expiration date is clearly visible in the Hub.
Unauthorized Use of the Prep Products
You agree that if you learn that an Authorized Employee or Student has shared access to the Prep Product with another person or is infringing on the copyright of the Prep Product, you will immediately report such activity to the AAMC.
You agree not to use the MCAT mark or other AAMC trademarks, except in a context that qualifies as trademark “fair use.” Any such fair use of an AAMC trademark must be accompanied with the appropriate registration symbol and statement to AAMC’s ownership of the mark.
The AAMC is the copyright owner of the MCAT Official Prep Products. You may not copy, create derivative works, display, distribute, publish, or reproduce the contents of the Prep Products in whole or in part. These Terms serve as notice and any infringement may be deemed willful. The AAMC protects its intellectual property under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and you could be liable for statutory damages set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.
You may display the Prep Product within the Hub as part of your Course to Authorized Employees and Students so long as each of those individuals has redeemed an Access Code and their access to the Prep Product has not expired.
Upon reasonable request, you agree to provide AAMC your promotional and teaching materials associated with your Course for the limited purpose of AAMC reviewing the materials to ensure your use of AAMC intellectual property complies with these Terms and the law.
Violation of these Terms may result in immediate termination of your ACMT account, including termination of Access Codes that have not been redeemed, without refund. Further, AAMC reserves the right to not permit you to purchase MCAT Official Prep Products in discounted bulk.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have pre-sales inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require post-sales support regarding the Code Bank, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2019 Association of American Medical Colleges. All rights reserved