MedLoans® Organizer and Calculator (MLOC)
Who Can Use It
You have full access to MLOC if you are an enrolled medical school student, a medical school graduate, or a medical school administrator at an . All eligible users have free premium access, which includes the ability to upload your federal loans from the Federal Student Aid website, run repayment scenarios, and save your loan repayment options. To access MLOC, with your AAMC username and password.
Non-premium users have limited functionality and are not able to upload their federal loan file or save their repayment information. A visitor can for $9.99. Upgrading provides premium access for four years.
Please note: If you are a dental student or graduate see the.
- If you have federal loans, go to . Log into your account with your FSA ID and password, “Accept” the account access warning; Select “View Details”, Select “Download My Aid Data”, Select “Continue” to download the text file, Save the text file to your computer.
- Log-in to the MLOC with your AAMC username and password. If you need help, email Denine Hales at . Please DO NOT create another AAMC account.
- Click on “Get Started Now” and then click on “Import NSLDS”. Follow the instructions on the screen. If you have private or institutional loans, and want them to be in the Organizer, you will need to enter these loans manually.
- Move to the Calculator tab, answer the questions, and submit your answers.
- Review your repayment options as displayed.
Benefits of the MLOC
- Allows for a secure place to enter, upload, track, and store loans, and shows different repayment scenarios.
- Provides a better understanding of student loan debt and the cost of repayment.
- Borrowers who are married to another MD, and borrowers who are married to non-MD’s can run repayment scenarios to see total household repayment information.
What medical students and graduates are saying about the MLOC:
“It has helped me plan my loan repayment and has removed my need to meet with a specialist about this. This is a great resource!!!”
"The calculator was a great tool for me to familiarize myself with the different repayment options prior to attending the counseling session. Excellent tool!"
"Very helpful to see the breakdown of our loans, and the different monthly payments for each of the different options. Very valuable to have it all laid out for us, thanks for this tool."
Questions and Comments
Send your questions and feedback to.
AAMC Financial Wellness
655 K Street, NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001-2399