Participating Medical Schools and Deadlines
The following 2017 AMCAS application deadline dates were provided to AAMC as of April 2016. Applicants should check directly with medical schools or within the AMCAS application to verify, as these deadlines are subject to change.
For combined degree programs (eg., MD/PhD, MD/MBA) deadline information, please refer to thewebsite or the Medical Schools section inside the AMCAS application. For additional information about U.S. and Canadian medical schools and programs, visit the website.
About Application Deadlines
All application deadlines are set by individual medical schools. Your application must be submitted to AMCAS (not processed) by 11:59 p.m. ET to meet the deadline. AMCAS does not grant deadline extensions for any reason.
The deadlines posted here and on the Medical School Admissions Requirements website are subject to change during the application cycle. The most up-to-date information is available in the Medical Schools section in the AMCAS application.
For those applicants interested in the Early Decision Program for the 2017 cycle, the deadline is August 1, 2016.
AAMC-Facilitated Criminal Background Check Service
Most AMCAS-participating medical schools participate in the AAMC-facilitated Criminal Background Check Service, conducted to help medical schools assess your ability to become a licensed physician in the future. Medical schools not participating may require applicants to undergo a separate background check process.
Schools Not Participating in AMCAS for Application to their MD Program
- Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, El Paso, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at Galveston
- University of Texas School of Medicine at Houston
- University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
Go to the
Find MD Programs at AMCAS Participating Medical Schools
Connect with AMCAS