Top 10 Tips for MCAT Examinees: Registration & Scheduling
1. Followon Twitter for MCAT updates and information. Look for the hashtag #MCATtip for more tips about registration, scheduling your appointment, and test day. Also follow to learn about all of the AAMC's premed resources.
2. Read the. This document is crucial to a successful experience before, during and after your MCAT test day. It provides critical information about MCAT policies and procedures, scoring details, and more. The document is required reading prior to completing your MCAT registration. You will explicitly agree to the terms listed in the Essentials while registering for the exam. Reading this before you register and again before you take your exam will help you feel more prepared.
3. Know when registration opens for your desired test dates.
- October 2019—for January-June dates
- February 2020—for July-September dates
*Exact date will be announced via Twitter (@AAMC_MCAT) and our website.
4. Have your AAMC login information available. Before registering for the MCAT exam, you will need to create an AAMC account. You may create your AAMC account anytime. Go to theand follow the link to create an AAMC ID. If you already have an AAMC ID, be sure to reset your password if necessary!
5. Have your MCAT-Accepted ID. This will help ensure your registration matches your ID EXACTLY. Hint: Make sure your ID will meet the.
6. Preselect exam dates to include your preferred date, along with a few alternate dates that would also work for you in the event that your first date choice is not available. It may be helpful to print a copy of the MCAT test schedule and have that on hand.
7. Have your Visa, MasterCard or American Express available. This will help ensure you do not lose your reservation due to searching for your credit card.
8. Know what theis and how it works. The AAMC Fee Assistance Program assists MCAT examinees and AMCAS® applicants who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the MCAT exam or apply to medical schools that use the AMCAS application. Apply for the Fee Assistance Program before you schedule an appointment! Benefits are not retroactive.
9. Review the. Depending on when you register and select your MCAT test date and location, your fees may differ.
10. Contact the AAMC Services with questions. AAMC staff are available to assist MCAT examinees with any MCAT related questions that may arise. You may call 202-828-0600 between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET on weekdays to speak with a staff member or contact us at