To hear this type of perspective and gain different insights of a particular medical school beyond their websites, check out medical schools' blogs, which are often written by their students.
Here are nine active medical school blogs to look into:
- A Dose of Reality from University of Michigan Medical School
- Transforming Medical School by University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
- The Doctor’s Tablet by Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- University of Vermont’s Larner College of Medicine blog
- Meet Mayo Med by Mayo Clinic School of Medicine
- Wright State University’s Boonshoft School of Medicine blog
- comMEDores Vanderbilt Medical Student Blog
- Loma Linda University School of Medicine Blog
- Scope by Stanford Medicine
This list doesn’t include every medical school blog out there, so when doing your research, be sure to also see if the schools you are interested in have a blog. Don’t forget, you can also read the AAMC’s blog, Aspiring Docs Diaries, written by premeds, medical students, and residents, for a more general perspective on the admissions process and the medical school experience.