NHSC: Students to Service (S2S) Loan Repayment Program
- Dedicated to primary care - In your last year of medical school, you must be committed to pursuing a residency and career in family medicine, internal medicine, general pediatrics, geriatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, or psychiatry.
- Desire a fulfilling experience - After residency is over, an ideal applicant will desire to meet a need by providing care in communities with a shortage of health professionals.
- Possess qualifying education loans - Qualifying loans include government and commercial loans that were used to pay for tuition and other qualifying expenses. Review the for specific details.
- Continued service could significantly reduce qualifying education loan debt.
- Access education, training and networking opportunities.
- Join a community of providers with a shared desire to serve patients with limited access to health care.
- Visit the to view possible workforce opportunities in under-served communities throughout the US, and healthcare sites and facilities throughout the nation.
- Gather documentation needed to submit with your application. You will need a variety of materials in order to submit a complete application. Review the 2017 for details (updates for the new program cycle are expected in the fall). It may take three or more weeks to prepare your application.
More Information about the Application Process:
- Watch the
- Watch the that discusses the factors used to determine NHSC awards
Review these NHSC Resources:
What Do Past Recipients Have to Say about the Program?
Reviewfor some inspiring details.
Brian Freeman’s story.
Financial Information, Resources, Services, and Tools (FIRST)
MedLoans® Organizer and Calculator (MLOC)
655 K Street, NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20001-2399