NHSC: Students to Service (S2S) Loan Repayment Program
- Dedicated to primary care - In your last year of medical school, you must be committed to pursuing a residency and career in family medicine, internal medicine, general pediatrics, geriatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, or psychiatry.
- Desire a fulfilling experience - After residency is over, an ideal applicant will desire to meet a need by providing care in communities with a shortage of health professionals.
- Possess qualifying education loans - Qualifying loans include government and commercial loans that were used to pay for tuition and other qualifying expenses. Review the for specific details.
- Continued service could significantly reduce qualifying education loan debt.
- Access education, training and networking opportunities.
- Join a community of providers with a shared desire to serve patients with limited access to health care.
- Gather documentation needed to submit with your application. You will need a variety of materials to submit a complete application. Review the 2019 for details. It may take three or more weeks to prepare your application.
- View more information on the .
- Learn about the for the S2S LRP.
- Read about .
- Visit the to view possible workforce opportunities in under-served communities throughout the US, and healthcare sites and facilities throughout the nation.
Reviewfor some inspiring details.
Brian Freeman’s story.
More Information about the Application Process:
- Watch the
- Watch the that discusses the factors used to determine NHSC awards
Other NHSC Resources:
AAMC Financial Wellness
Education Debt Manager (EDM) for Matriculating and Graduating Medical School Students
655 K St., NW, Suite 100
Washington, D.C. 20001-12399