2019 AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair
On February 21, the AAMC hosted the fourth annual AAMC Virtual Medical School Fair, connecting admissions representatives from 70 medical schools with thousands of aspiring physicians. Each year, this event enables the AAMC and participating member institutions to help aspiring doctors gain information and opportunities around a substantial life decision. In alignment with the AAMC’s commitment to diversity, this event is designed to engage individuals historically underrepresented in medicine who may not have the resources or time to visit medical schools in person while providing all attendees with the opportunity.
Attendees had the opportunity to attend AAMC-produced virtual information sessions on valuable and relevant topics, including:
- Ask the Experts: What’s Important to Know in Applying and Interviewing.
- Preparing for the MCAT® Exam? What you need to know.
- Learn How to Pay for Medical School.
- Medical Student Talk about Core Competencies.
Although the Fair is no longer active, you can still access content on-demand - webinar recordings, chat transcripts and information in each booth, and the Resource Library through March 21 – visit: aamc.org/virtualfair and use the links to the right to register and browse the fair.
This event results in genuine interactions and learning across thousands of participants. AAMC staff are pleased to have the opportunity to support our member institutions and the pre-med community with this event. In addition to the virtual fair, the AAMC provides valuable resources to the pre-med community, including:
- Free and low-cost resources to help aspiring doctors study for the MCAT exam.
- Resources to help prospective applicants navigate the application process and research medical schools.
- The Premed navigator, a monthly newsletter with valuable information and updates.
- Financial information and tools to help students pay for school and manage their finances during medical school.
Follow the AAMC
Like AAMC PreMed
Aspiring Docs Diaries
Are you an AAMC member medical school in the U.S. or Canada that would like to be part of the fair? Register by January 31!