On February 20, 2020, the AAMC hosted the 5th Annual Virtual Medical School Fair, connecting admissions representatives from 77 medical schools with thousands of aspiring physicians. Each year, this event enables the AAMC and participating member institutions to help aspiring doctors gain information and opportunities around a substantial life decision. In alignment with the AAMC’s commitment to diversity, this event is designed to engage individuals historically underrepresented in medicine who may not have the resources or time to visit medical schools in person.
Attendees had the opportunity to attend AAMC-produced virtual information sessions on valuable and relevant topics, including:
- Tips and Tools for Financing Your Application and Career in Medicine
- New Medical Schools: Myths & Tips
- Making the Most of Your Glide Year(s)
- The Application Process and Resources for Applicants and Premeds
This event results in genuine interactions and learning across thousands of participants. AAMC staff are pleased to have the opportunity to support our member institutions and the premed community with this event. In addition to the virtual fair, the AAMC provides valuable resources to the premed community, including:
- Free and low-cost resources to help aspiring doctors study for the MCAT exam.
- Resources to help prospective applicants navigate the application process and research medical schools.
- The Premed navigator, a monthly newsletter with valuable information and updates.
- Financial information and tools to help students pay for school and manage their finances during medical school.
Email us at email@example.com with any questions.