Tips for GHLO® Students While Abroad
As a medical student participating in an elective at a host institution abroad, it is important to be prepared and organized.
Once you arrive in your host country, be sure to check with your host institution to determine whether there are additional requirements and steps that may be required.
When You Arrive
- Report directly to your host institution.
- Provide any additional documentation and complete any requirements needed by your host institution.
- Let your host institution know your local mailing address.
- Register with your local embassy or consulate in case of emergency.
- Keep a journal for reflection.
Health and Safety
To prevent health-related and safety issues, you mustbefore and during your time abroad.
- translation app
- social learning app for med students