Recommended Reading for Participating in Global Experiences
Consult these resources for answers to questions that may arise before or during your international experience.
- Culture Matters:
- Medical English Clear and Simple: A Practice-Based Approach to English for ESL Healthcare Professionals, Melodie Hull RPN
- "Cross-Cultural Medicine," Judyann Bigby, MD, ed.
- "The Latino Patient: A Cultural Guide for Health Care Providers," Nilda Chong
- "Caring for Patients from Different Cultures," Geri-Ann Galanti
- "Pocket Guide to Cultural Assessment," Elaine Marie Geissler
- "Culture and the Clinical Encounter," Rena Gropper
- "Culture, Health and Illness," Cecil G. Helman
- "Medicine and Culture," Lynn Payer
- "Cross-Cultural Caring: A Handbook for Health Professionals," Nancy Waxler-Morrison et al
Please note: These resources are provided for informational purposes only. No endorsement by AAMC or any other organization is stated or implied.