Eight Tips on Money Management for Entering Medical Students
1. Learn about financing options
b. Know your alternatives to borrowing -- such as scholarships and/or perhaps family members
2. If you need to borrow, borrow smart
b. Only borrow what you need; you don’t have to accept the entire amount awarded
3. Get organized
b. Know what loans you’ve already borrowed – view your federal loan data at .
4. Develop a budget
5. Know what’s on your credit report
b. Be sure to report any inaccuracies to the appropriate credit bureau
6. Protect and work to improve your credit score
b. Only charge what you know you can pay back in full each month
7. Be proactive
8. Explore loan forgiveness and repayment programs
b. Other federal, state, and county may be found on website
To learn more about the tools and resources available to you, visit .