Practice AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions
The AAMC has made a practice interview available in the HireVue platform at no cost to you.
Using the practice interview, you will be able to:
- Respond to six practice interview questions written by the AAMC VITA question developers at the AAMC.
- Complete the practice interview with the same time limits and countdown timer as the actual AAMC VITA interview.
- Become familiar with the video interviewing environment for the actual AAMC VITA interview.
- Use unlimited practice attempts to repeat a practice interview, focusing on certain questions or refining how you respond to questions.
Please note that your responses on the Practice AAMC VITA interview will not be shared with medical schools, nor will your responses on the practice interviews be considered a substitute for the actual AAMC VITA interview.
Practice Interview Registration and Completion
Get started today! Follow two simple steps to complete each practice interview.
1. Register for the practice interview, entering your first name, last name, and email address.
2. Complete the practice interview. Upon registration, the website will take you to the AAMC VITA practice form. However, you do not need to complete the practice interview at that time. You will also receive a registration confirmation email from HireVue that includes a unique link to be used a day and time most convenient for you. You have the option to complete the practice interview in one sitting or complete a subset of questions over multiple sittings.
You will be routed to the HireVue Practice Interview Registration page.
Terms of the Practice Interview
- The practice interview contains six retired AAMC VITA interview questions. The same set of six questions for a practice interview will be displayed each time that practice interview is launched.
- You will have up to one minute to read and reflect on each written question and up to three minutes to record a response. Once the question is revealed, there will be no pauses until the time to record the response has elapsed. After recording a response, you may choose to progress to the next question or take an untimed break.
- You will not be able to view your practice video responses during or after you complete the practice interview. You will not receive any kind of feedback or evaluation for your practice interview.
- Your responses on the Practice AAMC VITA interview will not be shared with medical schools, nor will your answers on this practice interview be considered a substitute for the actual AAMC VITA interview.
- After you complete a practice interview, you will receive a thank you email from HireVue. At that time, your unique link to the practice interview will no longer be available. You will need to register again to receive a new link and complete the practice interview again.
- You can complete the practice interview as many times as you like as you prepare for the interview. Each time you begin a new practice interview, you will need to complete the registration process described above to receive a new unique link. Each unique practice interview link allows you to complete one interview.
The technical requirements for the practice interview mirror those for the actual AAMC VITA interview. You can complete the practice interview using any internet-enabled computer, tablet, or smartphone (a computer or tablet is recommended). To help prepare, we encourage you to use the same device to complete the practice interview as you plan to use for the actual AAMC VITA interview.