The 2018 AMCAS® Web Application - Improvements!
All applicant information entered into the previous application interface will remain the same and will be available in the redesigned, more user-friendly application beginning on Tuesday, September 26.
The new user experience is designed to assist applicants with easily navigating and using the AMCAS® application.
Below is a sneak peek of some sections of the redesigned application:
Within the newly designed AMCAS application:
- Monitor your application status posted on the right-hand side of the Main Menu
- Check your college transcript(s) and letters of evaluation statuses on the bottom right-hand side under "My Document Statuses"
- The sections automatically display "Complete" or "Incomplete" based on whether all required fields in that section have been completed
- Easily access buttons to print your application, Transcript Request Form(s), and Letter Request Form(s)
- Quick links to the and the homepage, and the for application assistance.
The updates you are able to make after submitting your application have not changed.
After submission you can make changes to the following information:
- ID Numbers.
- Name, including Full Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names.
- Contact Information including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses.
- Alternate Contact Information.
- Date of Birth, Birth Address, Sex, and Gender Identity.
- Letters of Evaluation (only additions of up to 10 letters and notifying AMCAS of a letter no longer being sent).
- Next MCAT testing date.
- Add Medical Schools and change existing Program type (deadlines, fees, and restrictions apply).
- Release application information to your pre-health advisor.
Once you have made changes to the application – Be sure to save your edits, and click "Resubmit Application" to send updates to AMCAS (previously "Update Application")
If you have not submitted your application to AMCAS, your updated Main Menu will appear as shown in this image below:
- If you have not clicked "Submit Application", your status should appear as shown in the image below "Application - Not Submitted to AMCAS.
On the redesigned Main Menu at any application status:
- Your Identifying Information will be displayed on the left-hand side of the screen, with a link to edit this information at any time.
- The sections of the application are accessible from the right-hand side of the screen.
- The sections automatically display “Complete” or “Incomplete” based on whether all of the required fields in that section have been filled in.
- Easily access buttons to print your processed application, Transcript Request Form, Letter Request Form
First Section - Identifying Information:
- A convenient scrolling feature has been added to the application. You can now stay on one page and simply scroll down to enter required information.
- When you have completed the portions of this page, the name of the respective portion will be marked with a green checkmark.
- More easily track your progress within each section and your application overall.
- Simply access sections of the application from a horizontal bar at the top of the page.
Fourth Section - Course Work:
Seventh Section - Medical Schools:
- When the has passed or if you do not meet the admission requirements set by the medial school (i.e. In state residency requirement) the medical school name will now appear grayed out on the list on the "Add Medical School" screen as shown in this image below.
- You may continue to search for your desired medical school by State, Deadline date, or Program Type.
AMCAS® Tools and Tutorials
2018 AMCAS New Questions: Fact Sheet
Connect with AMCAS®