Familiarize yourself with the application requirements associated with your specific request for accommodations. Submitting an incomplete application may significantly delay the review cycle and may prevent you from testing with accommodations on your preferred test day.
All applications must include the following components:
- A completed application in MCAT Accommodations Online.
- A personalized cover letter. The cover letter is a detailed description of your disability and a discussion of the functional impairment you experience in activities beyond test taking. Please indicate specifically the accommodations you believe are necessary for you to take the MCAT and why.
- A current, comprehensive evaluation. The evaluation is a detailed written report from your evaluator, and it is a critical component of your application. Evaluation requirements vary based on the nature of your impairment. Please note that we can only accept evaluations in English. Click on the links below for detailed evaluation requirements specific to your request:
Additional Documentation Required or Recommended
Most applications will also include additional academic and medical supporting documentation based on your specific request:
|Academic Transcripts *||Standardized Test Score Reports||Verification of Previous Accommodations **||Supporting Academic Records||Previous Evaluations|
|Learning Disabilities, Psychiatric Disabilities, & ADD/ADHD||Required||Required||Required||Recommended||Recommended|
*Includes high school, undergraduate, and graduate transcripts
**Includes accommodations received on any previous standardized tests in addition to accommodations received from your academic institution(s).
For more information on required supporting documentation, see
When assembling your documentation and submitting your application, please keep the following tips in mind:
- Submit all materials together. Please do not ask third parties to send documentation to us directly. Due to the high number of applications received, it is not possible to guarantee that materials submitted separately can be matched to your application.
- Application materials sent by e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
- Keep a copy of all documentation you are submitting with your request. The AAMC will not return your documentation or forward it to any third party.
- If you have any questions about the application requirements that apply to your request for accommodations, as far in advance as possible.